• Help Support TNDeer:

Reloading Powder

rem270

My dad has reloaded his own shotgun shells in the past for squirrel hunting. It's been a while since he has and he was using the Green Dot powder. He's off on medical leave due to having a pacemaker in so he's going stir crazy and wanting to reload some shells but cannot find the Green Dot powder. What else can he use to reload 12 ga loads for squirrel hunting? I know absolutely nothing about reloading to try and even help him.

Any powder capable of that given guage should work. I use to use red dot for a 1 1/8 skeet load but you should substitute 6s without a problem.

You can also look up loads with blue dot, or unique.

I would see what the specs were on his old load, and see what powder you can find, and see if you can find a recipe that yields similar results.

Also appears in stock above

Also appears in stock above
Is that a legit site? Most any of the ones I've found in stock doesn't seem like a legit site. I reached out to a buddy and he gave me 4 sites he orders from and none had the green dot in stock.

My dad has reloaded his own shotgun shells in the past for squirrel hunting. It's been a while since he has and he was using the Green Dot powder. He's off on medical leave due to having a pacemaker in so he's going stir crazy and wanting to reload some shells but cannot find the Green Dot powder. What else can he use to reload 12 ga loads for squirrel hunting? I know absolutely nothing about reloading to try and even help him.
Find a load with Hodgdon powder. Alliant shotgun powders are all but non-existent for the foreseeable future thanks to the Urkaine/Russia conflict.

I saw this on Rimfirecentral about Alliant. Not sure if it's true though.

Attachments

• IMG_2311.webp
    IMG_2311.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
There are a bunch of other powders that can be used besides the Dots. Midsouth has a few in stock, and if you are close you can avoid the Hazmat and shipping.

Latest posts

Back