• Help Support TNDeer:

If I can talk Man into it

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I am thinking it is about time to make a trip to Gibson County lake.

He is not a real patient person when it comes to bass fishing.
He would rather be throwing a fluke, jerkbait or whacky worm than dropping a lizard or jig into some gnarly brush. :D

I can see the lizard or jig happening this Saturday though.

Just got a feeling it is about time.
I know there is one particular bass in that lake I would LOVE to have another crack at. :D

Dang! Wish I lived near that pond! That looks like a bass yakers dream. Love flip'n me some jigs in heavy brush...

Rollo":2f9shybt said:
Dang! Wish I lived near that pond! That looks like a bass yakers dream. Love flip'n me some jigs in heavy brush...

I love fishing there.
I have caught several pretty nice bass but it is normally a very low number type of deal for me.
Don't usually catch but 3 or 4 (or zero) bass. Normally they are all over 2 pounds but I won't catch the big numbers like at the 1,000 acre lake.
My son don't like fishing there because of all the brush & timber.
Not a real conducive lake for his style of fishing.

You definitely gotta have the mindset that you are going to set the hook on a log or just get hung up on something and roll on with it. :D

I am not a good bass fisherman and I normally don't go to that lake but 3 or 4 times a year but I just like it.
Had a guy tell me that fishes there like almost daily that when summer gets here he quits fishing there because he can't catch them.
He fishes exclusively from like October to April or May then quits completely.
He has pulled some hogs out of there though.

I still dream about that ONE that got away.
I know nothing increases the size of a fish like losing it but I got a good look at this fish and it was far and above bigger than any bass I have ever seen in person. Maybe one day. :D

sounds like fun, good luck. by the way it sounds, that lake is probably stratified the whole summer. find the thermocline and fish above it during summer is about the only way to catch fish.

WTM":j2ajfbnb said:
sounds like fun, good luck. by the way it sounds, that lake is probably stratified the whole summer. find the thermocline and fish above it during summer is about the only way to catch fish.

Definitely sounds like you know what you are talking about, however, I am gonna have to hit google up and get back with ya on that one. :D

RUGER":3e5do9g3 said:
WTM":3e5do9g3 said:

Definitely sounds like you know what you are talking about, however, I am gonna have to hit google up and get back with ya on that one. :D

here is a good article on the subject. i learned it a few years ago crappie and bluegill fishing. it has to do with oxygen in the water column and is prone to deep lakes but will happen in fertile shallow lakes as well. in late summer if there is a lot of rain you can smell the sulfur rising to the top and sometimes on parts of KY lake you will see a shad kill off. in those smaller lakes and ponds it will kill bass too. you ever notice after those summer rains you will have an algae bloom? that is caused by the water turnover caused by the wind and rain where the sulfur and phosphates rise to the top.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/tips ... ng-success

you can usually find the summer thermocline by raising the sensitivity on 2d sonar to 90%. after you find how deep it is start looking for humps somewhere just above that depth. some folks troll crankbaits usually around the thermocline if its there.

Latest posts

Back