• Help Support TNDeer:

if I had the money I would in a heartbeat, just because

Sharp boat! Clark brought that up and hung out with us one day during our Clifton rally a couple of weeks ago. I dug through it and there's really some neat ideas in those boats. (I ran Allison's for 20yrs but gotta place in FL and have run a 24' bayboat for 3+yrs now)

Pilchard":2382m6b3 said:
I lost the need for speed on the water a long time ago. I'll pass on going 100mph in a boat.
I haven't lost the need for speed but 100 mph is out of my comfort zone. I've been 77 mph in a bass boat and that's fast enough. I have no interest in going over 80.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have spent plenty of time going fast in a bass boat. One of my friends was R&D for stratos for many years, his job was to see how fast a boat could go, he was and is good at it, and my brother is the Yamaha service tech to the Bassmaster elite (has been for about 14 years) so I have been around some fast boats.

The fastest I have driven was 72 and the fastest I was a passenger was 89. Really don't care now so long I can get where I am going to fish and back.

I just think it would be cool to have a boat like that. I would most likely never go much over 80 but it would still be fun and it would for sure take some time to learn how to drive it. And with all the gigantic "ocean" type boats on lakes now, you would have to be beyond careful when running fast. Well that is true for many bass boats, even my little 273 stratos with a 150. Those dang "rollers" can make for a bad day in a hurry.

Where I'm from, the faster the boat, the bigger the googan, and that goes for both fresh and saltwater ;) Absolutely no reason to be going that fast on water to go catch fish. Being from around and below Lake Okeechobee, down through the Glades, the further a man had to fish from the ramp, the worse he was at catching fish. These bass tourney kooks have really created a circus around bass fishing in general these days.

cowhunter71":22jlgr37 said:
Where I'm from, the faster the boat, the bigger the googan, and that goes for both fresh and saltwater ;) Absolutely no reason to be going that fast on water to go catch fish. Being from around and below Lake Okeechobee, down through the Glades, the further a man had to fish from the ramp, the worse he was at catching fish. These bass tourney kooks have really created a circus around bass fishing in general these days.

Sounds like you should take your slow boat, enter all the FLW events, fish right by the boat ramp, and win all the titles. But I guess $125,000 for 4 days fishing just doesn't appeal to you.

as far as any sanctioned tourney goes, kind of a mute point with that 400 on there. the reason BASS and FLW went to 250 was because the western anglers wouldnt fish in their tourneys with the 150 restriction.

WTM":2l1gp57b said:
as far as any sanctioned tourney goes, kind of a mute point with that 400 on there. the reason BASS and FLW went to 250 was because the western anglers wouldnt fish in their tourneys with the 150 restriction.
Yea, and now some trails now penalize you for having too small of a motor. Keith Poche got disqualified in a FLW event last week because he fished out of his tin boat with a 90 on it. He didn't catch the rule that had a 150HP minimum........stupid rule, but a rule none-the-less.

sll":1840anos said:
WTM":1840anos said:
Yea, and now some trails now penalize you for having too small of a motor. Keith Poche got disqualified in a FLW event last week because he fished out of his tin boat with a 90 on it. He didn't catch the rule that had a 150HP minimum........stupid rule, but a rule none-the-less.

yeah a bunch of cry baby davies that got peed off because they cant get back into the backwater. i have yet to find that rule, no mention of it in rule #11.

a buddy beat out a bunch of guys on beech lake with a jon boat. they banned him from their tourneys.

My question is, who cares about tournaments? I know I don't. Nothing against them, but I could care less if there was ever another one.

When all y'all are going 100 please look out for me in my Hobie PA14. Your wake/rooster tail would probably kill me let alone getting hit by one of you speed freaks :lol: ;)

Latest posts

Back