In honor of the upcoming dove season

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Got to finish off my stash from last year.
Thawed out a couple bags of boneless dove breasts and marinated them in Ken's steakhouse Northern Italian w/ basil & Romano for about 7 hours. Took half to the grill like that, the other half got a bath in sweet baby rays bbq sauce then onto the grill! Grilled to about medium and ate up! Mmm hard call but I will never bread and fry another dove breast! I never realized how many of those I can eat ! Especially good while hot either way! The wife even ate some and she doesn't eat much game, she liked the bbq'd ones best.
IMG_3003.jpeg

The 2 big pieces were an Amish pigeon! lol they make great decoys but sometimes they get in the way!

mike243

Looks great, years ago I had a recipe that had red wine tenderizer and some other spices. I think I will try to hunt it down, the hickory smoke is key for me. coarse there was bacon involved also. 😂

Mud Creek

Dove breast seared in a cast iron skillet and butter with a radish chimichurri sauce. One of the best meals I ever made! Fried dove and dove poppers are good but so much more to do with them than just the usual. That said, I will still hopefully eat my weight in poppers this year!!

20240630_181904.jpg
20240630_181914.jpg
20240630_181922.jpg

Latest posts