• Help Support TNDeer:

Inshore Spinning Rod Recommendations

Pinwheeled

Some friends and I are getting ready to do a self guided trip in Louisiana next month. I just picked up a couple Penn spinning reels. One of them is a 3000 size and the other a 2500. Could y'all recommend a couple rods to pair these with? Was thinking maybe one for popping corks and set up the other for throwing light jigs and topwater.

Appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Inshore Spinning Rod Recommendations

For popping cork, I'd go with a 7.5 to 8 ft medium heavy bass rod. You need the length for throwing a cork. For top water and jigs, you can go a little shorter like maybe 7 ft med heavy bass rod. I would bring a medium light spinning rod for small jigs.

Re: Inshore Spinning Rod Recommendations

I'm a fan of the Power Pro Super 8 braid in 30# test for those applications. The aqua green color seems to work well down there.

If work and the weather will cooperate, I hope to head down on Thursday for one last trip before turkey season. I'm going to concentrate on fly fishing this time, but my wife will be using my spinning tackle. Any good bass rod in the med.-heavy range works well for the trout and reds.

Latest posts

Back