• Help Support TNDeer:

Interesting concept

Can you post some pictures from your cam? I am curious to see the image quality.
These are cell phone screen grabs from the pictures transmitted from the app.

1st Pic is cropped in 360 mode where it stitches all pics together in panorama. Had it been a standard camera, it would have missed the tom on the left.

Other pics are same image, just zoomed in on my cell phone and then screen grabbed.

Bottom line, resolution of images transmitted via cell are good enough that we haven't even pulled to card to download the high res images yet!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240731_122120.webp
    Screenshot_20240731_122120.webp
    167.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240731_122134.webp
    Screenshot_20240731_122134.webp
    110.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240731_122050.webp
    Screenshot_20240731_122050.webp
    118.9 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the review on the 360. I picked one up at Walmart the other day and almost bought it but put it back. I wasn't too sure of how the reviews were on these yet. Looks like I'll be trying one soon.

Having run just about every brand of camera over many years, I've learned deer notice anything that wasn't there yesterday. Their ability to pick out "something new" is truly amazing, even tiny cameras well hidden. When I move a camera to a new location, every deer that comes by for the next day or two locks up and stares at the camera, even in daylight, and even when the camera makes no noise at all. The deer simply see the camera and have to give it a good stare-down. Then, once is does nothing to them, they ignore it from then on. Until I move it again.
I have a cam over a salt lick, where 2 5.5 yr old bucks use about once a week. One deer doesn't care, he will stand in front of the cam for hours, he done the same last year. The other deer will not stand at the lick. He stays out away from it and I'm not sure I'd ever have a pic of him if it wasn't for the other. Last year this same deer that I'd camera shy, had no issues with the camera.

I have a cam over a salt lick, where 2 5.5 yr old bucks use about once a week. One deer doesn't care, he will stand in front of the cam for hours, he done the same last year. The other deer will not stand at the lick. He stays out away from it and I'm not sure I'd ever have a pic of him if it wasn't for the other. Last year this same deer that I'd camera shy, had no issues with the camera.
Interesting.

Latest posts

Back