• Help Support TNDeer:

Iowa hunting

i found some super cheap land up there. thinking hard about making an offer but not sure if i would be able to hunt it, even though id own it. anyone know the rules
You have to maintain residency for 90 continuous days in order to get resident tags. Otherwise you'll have to draw like any other nonresident regardless of land ownership. Iowa has that part right and it's why they continue to be gold standard for large bucks

You have to maintain residency for 90 continuous days in order to get resident tags. Otherwise you'll have to draw like any other nonresident regardless of land ownership. Iowa has that part right and it's why they continue to be gold standard for large bucks
Thats what i was aftaid of. I definitely couldn't live up there. Guess why its available

I should/could be drawn this next year. I'm sitting on 4 points.
I have a friends that owns 230 acres with another guy there and trying to find out how much they will charge me to hunt 10 days on their place. If it's a crazy amount I will be on public ground.

Iowa is different, I mean gahlee that place is different. I drew my IA archery tag last year for zone 6 (had 5 points going into the draw). It was an awesome hunt, hunted last few days of October and into the first week of November with overnight lows in the teens and highs in the mid 20's during the day. Hunted with Whiskey Ridge. Tommy Nails owns/runs it and he is as solid of a guy as you'll meet. Has some incredible farms and it was the best week of hunting I've ever been on.

Iowa is different, I mean gahlee that place is different. I drew my IA archery tag last year for zone 6 (had 5 points going into the draw). It was an awesome hunt, hunted last few days of October and into the first week of November with overnight lows in the teens and highs in the mid 20's during the day. Hunted with Whiskey Ridge. Tommy Nails owns/runs it and he is as solid of a guy as you'll meet. Has some incredible farms and it was the best week of hunting I've ever been on.
Were you successful?

Latest posts

Back