• Help Support TNDeer:

Ironic Fishing

Crow Terminator

Have had a strange week of fishing for sure.

Started things off by fishing for smallmouth, using hard jerkbaits. Caught a 25-30 pound carp...yes, hooked in the mouth.

Trying to catch some bait fish on foley spoons and sabiki rigs, and caught my PB walleye.

Trying to catch white bass on a spoon, caught the biggest gizzard shad I've ever seen. I didn't think gizzard shad ate other shad.

Trying to catch catfish on night crawlers, caught a softshell turtle...yes, hooked in the mouth.

Trying to catch bluegill to use as cutbait for catfish, while using redworms, catch the only catfish I've caught all week.

Trying to catch largemouth bass while using a spinnerbait over submerged grass, catch a 3' gar.

The only "normal" day I've had was Wednesday afternoon. I went trout fishing up on Citico. I was the only person up there fishing. Had the whole river to myself. I thought "uh oh...I bet they quit stocking because the water is too warm or low". In the meantime, the weather took a big turn and it came a huge torrential downpour...then another...and another. The water turned to chocolate milk and rose quite a bit before my eyes. I thought it was going to be a bust but this ended up being awesome for me. The water up there is usually ultra clear and the fish are usually spooky. In some of the fishing holes, you can see them but 9 out of 10 times, if you see them, you can't get them to bite anything. I get a lot of "followers" up there that will almost commit to a bait but then see me and spook off. The muddy water made them not be able to see me. I had a quick limit because of that.

strange week indeed! sounds fun. though. I used to fish mountain streams with spinners and streamer flies after a hard rain. Loved it

Aint there 1 day you cant fish due to stocking? been a long time since I have fought the crowds up there

Thursday and Friday are the days you can't fish due to stocking. Saturday thru Wednesday are all fish able. I don't go on the weekends due to the crowd. Fishing up there thru the week is better if you ask me. You usually have 3 or 4 other people fishing thru the week on Citico side and can pretty much fish where you want and not have 10 people trying to crap on your foot haha. I'm not a fan of Tellico side so I rarely go to it. I do think they stock Tellico better though.

Back