• Help Support TNDeer:

Joy ride

bluball

Took the ole lady out on kylake and played around yesterday evening,her first time in my new to me boat.Played around at eva beech, ate at pebble island and did some joy riding.About 1-2 miles from were we put in my alarm started going off so i had to use the trolling motor to get us back to the ramp.On the bright side i fished a couple beds close to the boat ramp and caught 1 crappie,was a nice day on the water.

Any idea why the alarm started going off?
I bet its the sensor in the oil tank if i had to guess.Boat is a 2006 and had 80hours on the optimax 150 when i bought it.Bet itt has over 100 hours now,i put alot of hours on one🤣.I have a buddy that knows optimax motors and before i bought it he said he bet i would be replacing the oil tank because of the sensor.Said it was real common on motors that are older with low hours on them.He actually said oil tank and compressors are 2 thinks to watch out for,glad its not the compressor,they are like $1200 just for the compressor i believe.

Hope it's an easy and cheap fix !
I may look at it myself but would like to carry it to beech lake marine.Only thing bad about beech lake is i heard it will take a month for them to get to it because they are so busy.

Boat is scheduled to be looked at the week of july 11th at beech lake.Guess i will have to fish with the trolling motor and stay close to the ramp until then🤣🤣🤣

Boat is scheduled to be looked at the week of july 11th at beech lake.Guess i will have to fish with the trolling motor and stay close to the ramp until then🤣🤣🤣
i need to have mine serviced i guess. do you know if dotty's marine has someone that is competent to work on one?

Was the motor peeing?? Could have been over heating. Dirt daubers like clogging up the pee hole. Stick some weed eater string up the pee hole to make sure it's clear. I never hit the water without some weed-eater cord in the boat to clean the pee hole out.

Was the motor peeing?? Could have been over heating. Dirt daubers like clogging up the pee hole. Stick some weed eater string up the pee hole to make sure it's clear. I never hit the water without some weed-eater cord in the boat to clean the pee hole out.
Didnt look to see if it was peeing,but i had plenty of water pressure on my gage on the dash.

Beech Lake was highly recommended to me several years ago and it was true. They did excellent work. I had been wondering if they were still that way. Since bluball is recommending them I will probably carry mine in this winter or fall for a little issue.

Beech Lake was highly recommended to me several years ago and it was true. They did excellent work. I had been wondering if they were still that way. Since bluball is recommending them I will probably carry mine in this winter or fall for a little issue.
Yep still that way,great mechanic and charge reasonable prices

Pro tip, Keep some weed eater line in the hole when the motor is not in use, and they can't stop it up to begin with.

Latest posts

Back