• Help Support TNDeer:

S&W model 49 Bodyguard

SSlater

Not sure this is allowed. Didn't know where else to post.

Looking for value of this gun. I looked online but prices seem all over the place. Not necessarily looking to get rid of it at this time but I may trade in the future. I took it and a couple other guns on a trade for a piece of shop equipment.

I've never been into S&W much for some reason but seems like a really nice piece. Box is not the right one for this gun. It's for a model 36. Gun seems perfect. No blemishes whatsoever and I can't find any signs it's ever even been fired. SN puts it at '76-'77. I can't remember which.
IMG_20241007_084525157.webp
IMG_20241007_084549270.webp
IMG_20241007_084605544.webp

You can search GB for auctions that ended to see what guns actually sold for, or if they sold.

It appears to be in excellent condition, if it is, you could probably get $500 to $700. There is one there that had a starting price of $599 and was listed several times but it finally sold for the starting price. A nice one from around 1960 brought $655. A very nice 1981 Nickel with original box was listed six times with a starting price of $849 and never sold. A couple of mint 1960 3" that they call "rare" special order with a letter from S&W sold for $1100 and $1600.

Keep in mind those buyers paid an additional tax, shipping, buyers premium and FFL transfer.

Dave is pretty spot on. I collect smith's and love the snubbies. I try to keep the newest edition pocket blue book for S&W. they're also a good reference for value. if you do decide to get rid of it let me know i might have something you need

Latest posts

Back