• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak Catfish

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Anybody watch this guy on youtube?
He lives in East TN and catches the snot out of big catfish.
I really enjoy watching him.

Figured someone on here knows him.

For the life of me I can't remember his name but the guy that used to be on here that Musky fished all the time was on one of his videos.
He took Kayak Catfish out and he caught his first Musky with him. :D

Watch his videos a lot. His first name is Justin. I've fished Watts Bar a lot over the years. Even recognize some of the places he fishes. He does hammer the cats. There's another guy that fishes the same areas, and posts videos. Catfish Dave, check out his videos sometime.

larry ipock":1px3q7ul said:
Watch his videos a lot. His first name is Justin. I've fished Watts Bar a lot over the years. Even recognize some of the places he fishes. He does hammer the cats. There's another guy that fishes the same areas, and posts videos. Catfish Dave, check out his videos sometime.

Yep I watch catfish Dave all the time too lol

Richard Gene is awesome too

I watch all of his videos... he also does a number on small mouth with lite tackle...

Richard Gene the fishing machine is another good one to watch....

Catfish & carp is great as well... he does all sorts of stuff.. he has another channel called the outdoor boys where he is with his sons and they are awesome...

DO not care for Catfish dave... all he does is complain.

Catfish Dave is my favorite. He's got a dry sense of humor that is right down my alley. I love his rants and most are spot on how I feel too. Some of it is put on for show. We met him up at Polecat boat ramp a week ago and he's super nice but a little shy.

Justin @ Kayak Catfish is the one of just 3 fishing channels I will watch. He is just a fish catching channel though...he lacks the ability to make a story out of it like Dave can.

I also watch another local guys channel called Creek Fishing Adventures. He's from the Cleveland area and he and I fish a lot of the same water. I figure it's only a matter of time before I run into him in the water.

RUGER":3hahur9j said:
For the life of me I can't remember his name but the guy that used to be on here that Musky fished all the time was on one of his videos.
He took Kayak Catfish out and he caught his first Musky with him. :D

Was it "chewbacca" or something similar?

Crow Terminator":e1es5gzu said:
Catfish Dave is my favorite. He's got a dry sense of humor that is right down my alley. I love his rants and most are spot on how I feel too. Some of it is put on for show. We met him up at Polecat boat ramp a week ago and he's super nice but a little shy.

Justin @ Kayak Catfish is the one of just 3 fishing channels I will watch. He is just a fish catching channel though...he lacks the ability to make a story out of it like Dave can.

I also watch another local guys channel called Creek Fishing Adventures. He's from the Cleveland area and he and I fish a lot of the same water. I figure it's only a matter of time before I run into him in the water.
Creek Fishing Adventures is John Dalton, he's a good friend of mine. I fish with him quite a bit, you don't find many people better than John!

Grandslam11":wusrm2ti said:
You have me hooked on this kayak catfish guy. I just back from a trip with RSIMMS so I was already in the mood, but this just made it worst.
Lol
I am so bad I was the first person to comment on one of his videos the other day :rotf:

Justin has a system down for sure. I've not found my stride in kayak fishing yet. He anchors down and suspend fishes a lot. I went Friday in mine and was anchored while fishing red worms for shell crackers and hooked a 10 pound class catfish. Despite being anchored, it took me for a mini ride. That's just a dink...I am curious now as to what one of his "gollywhoooer" size fish will do. He fishes out of a heavy Hobie kayak with the electric motor attachment so it is probably a 200 lb kayak fully rigged. Mine is a 70-80 pound Native pedal drive kayak. It's easy enough to move with 1 arm and load/unload. But also easy for a fish to pull too. The part of the lake he fishes is swamped with cabin cruises and wake boats...he is braver than me to fish in a kayak with those things trying to kill you with waves.

He has a new old town kayak now with a minn Kota spotlock on it
It's very nice
The way I understand it they gave it to him

Those Old Towns are nice! I didn't know he had gotten a new one. I subscribed to his channel but I just realized I only did it from my personal Google/YouTube account and not the one I upload my fishing videos to. I wasn't subscribed to him through that channel so I wasn't seeing any of his new stuff. I'm about 2-3 months behind now on his videos!

I was going to buy the Old Town with spotlock. I saw the videos of it when they first unveiled it and was drooling. You can't find them anywhere locally right now. It's hard to find a new sit on top anywhere right now. You can stand and fish out of a pedal drive but once you do, you are away from the controls and definitely out of position to make any adjustments unless you sit back down. Integrating the trolling motor with spotlock with remote was genius for a kayak manufacturer on a fishing platform. I expect all of the manufacturers to follow Old Town on that.

Latest posts

Back