• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak fishing near Memphis

MudIslandMemphis

So when I moved out here to Memphis from Knoxville last summer for school I had to sell my fishing boat. Don't really have the time where buying another one would really be worth my while so I have been thinking about buying a nice fishing kayak and giving that a whirl. Does anybody know of any good lakes near Memphis for bass/crappie fishing from a kayak? Only one I would really find online that might be worth a look is Poplar Tree Lake just 30 minutes north of me.

It would be fun to fish Glenn Springs lake in just north of Memphis. A lot of fun if you hook one of the big ones.

Can fish the Mississippi River oxbows over in Arkansas with a TN license . Hatchie Refuge near Brownsville has some nice lakes. Herb Parsons lake has some nice catfish in it. Casper Creek (Edmund Orgill Park) near Millington. Cold Creek and nearby lakes in Lauderdale County.

Poser":e4cojn14 said:
Herb Parsons is popular for kayak fishing, though the Oxbows on the Hatchie refuge get far less pressure. You could also put in at the mouth of the Wolf River/Mississippi River right there on Harbor town. I've caught some big flatheads right there.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

Are you talking about the oxbows at the lower hatchie refuge? Those are close enough I may check out. Also do most people put in their kayak at a boat ramp or just pull off the side of the road somewhere? Things out here are pretty different than in East TN I feel like so just trying to get a feel for it.

Pretty sure that most kayak owners within a couple of states make the drive to the Caney Fork. At least that's the way it looked this weekend. Doubt I've ever seen so many boats on one body of water in my life.

Seriously, as others have suggested I'd try getting into some oxbows, or dead rivers as my dad and uncles called them. I've got fond memories of a couple off the Pearl down in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back