• Help Support TNDeer:

New muzzleloader suggestions????

Tndronedeer

I have never been a muzzleloader hunter but after bow this year im wanting to buy one and have no clue where to start. Any suggestions on the best ones out there for simple reload and not crazy expensive?? I hear the new ones are easy to reload and not much different than a riffle so im wondering what you guys are using hopefully someone can give me some options. Thanks

Attachments

• download.webp
    download.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
CVA Optima V2,
CVA Wolf

I have a V2 and love it. I shoot the 100 grains of White Hots powder with 250 grain Hornady SST bullets. No complaints

If you're going to purchase one you better go get it along with the rest of the stuff you need. Muzzleloader stuff seems to sell out quickly and you will be on the hunt for everything before you realize it

Last edited:
Been shooting a Thompson Center Encore for years and love it. Also have a CVA Accura (believe that's the model) I inherited that I've never shot. Camofire.com recently had a bunch of CVA's on their site but they change daily so not there today as i saw todays email earlier.

I'm not picky at all. I had no problem killing deer with my old hawken rifle with open sights. Had no problem killing deer with the knight inline I replaced it with. Now I can't get primers for either so I picked up a traditions buckstalker with a scope for like $350 or something so I can shoot 209's which are available. All three shoot just fine in the ranges you need to hunt muzzleloader.

TC stopped producing muzzleloaders for the last few years. They are back in business, but have not put anything out yet. Saying that I would go with a CVA next. I recently purchased a Wolf and have been pleased with it. Go ahead and go with Blackhorn powder and you will be amazed.

If you want simple, I have the CVA Crossfire. Not a very expensive gun, but maybe more expensive to shoot unless you shoot Blackhorn 209 powder in another gun. Then cost would be close. It uses the Federal Firestick which loads like a 410 shotgun except you still push the bullet in from the muzzle. I'm getting really good accuracy using the 100 gr stick with a Harvester 280gr hardcast bullet. They offer a package deal on gunbroker with the leuopold scope and sticks from Reeds. I have used everything from a Hawken to Knight, and this is truly a game changer. You can unload your rifle and never lose components. Plus it's totally waterproof.

Back