• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak Recomendation

Rakkin6

Hey guys looking to buy a kayak for some fishing on larger ponds/smaller lakes (I guess by definition they would be smaller lakes since the sunlight can't reach the bottom of the water lol).

Does anyone have any recommendations on one?

I ike my 12' Perception Pescador Pro. It has an adjustable stadium style seat as opposed to the molded seat. I got mine on sale for roughly $700 at Dunham's Sports a couple years ago. It's sturdy, but I haven't tried standing up in it, so I can't vouch for that. But otherwise, I like it.

I bought a used Pelican Catch 120 for $450. I stand up and fish with it. I've used it in the ocean and carried it around river portages. The light weight and stability is nice. The seat is very comfortable and easy to install.

I have the Ascend FS12T. It's not what I would call a high end kayak but I really like it. It paddles great and I can easily stand and fish if I want to. I paddle everything from big water lakes to some pretty skinny rivers with it and it has served my needs just fine and I think the new ones are right around the $1000 mark.

Back