• Help Support TNDeer:

Kids life jacket??

TRIGGER

My son hates getting on the boat because he doesn't like wearing a life jacket and I don't really blame him when it's hot outside. Is there a better option than a regular life jacket for children? My son is 5.

fe63b6ecba1c9cf28e2cc9ddae87889a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I would check into, if I were you, is the legality of any type of inflatable life vest for kids.

I may have been on a bad acid trip or something but I swear I seem to remember something, somewhere, where they were talking about it being illegal for any child under the age of 13 or something like that.
Again, I could be wrong but it would be worth the time to check into, or just ask scn or one of the other officers on here.

I have 3 kids ages 10, 6, and 5. We spent really good money on super nice neoprene style ski vests for them and they are ultra comfortable so they can wear them all day day. I was willing to fork out the $ to make sure they could wear them all day. regular ones sucked and they hated them.

My uncle bought my 8 yrs old the pink one in my post from Saturday trip. Cabela's is where he got it's good as long as kids can tread water because it doesn't have much on shoulders either. If they can't tread water. I like regularly ones with the heads up cushion which is what my little one is wearing also in post from sat!

7mm08":h6z2qvrq said:
Biggun4214":h6z2qvrq said:
Inflatables are not legal for children under 16 years old or for use on a personal watercraft.

Does that includes guides in TN with kids in their boats?

Yes. There is no exceptions for guides as far as PFD's go. If there are passengers under 16 then there needs to be a standard wearable for those passengers and if the boat is not moored or anchored then passengers 12 and under are required to have them on properly.

Latest posts

Back