• Help Support TNDeer:

Knox county velvet buck

Not going to watch it again, but did I understand correctly that the shooter "borrowed" a trail cam from his friend, set it up, quickly got pictures of the buck killed?

I could see myself forgetting to turn the durn thing on 😃 as I've done that too often with the ones I'm familiar!

Reason this came to mind is because I placed a new cell cam this morning, and I apparently failed to fully turn it on, or else there just isn't enough cell service there for it to work.

I'm going to have to breakdown and listen to the podcast. I've got it downloaded. I've got some questions based off what I've read on this thread that may be answered in the interview. I just can't fathom driving all the way from Roanoke to hunt a 5 acre parcel for half a day. The gas to drive and get his camera had to cost more than what it was worth.

Serious question that I've never thought of before seeing this…. In a typical situation of joint ownership (husband and wife on the deed) do you have legal permission if you have permission from one and not the other?

In some ways a marriage is considered a partnership, but I do know that is you sell a primary residence, both members sign the deed and contract.

If you borrow money against your home, even if it is only deeded in one spouses name, both sign the deed of trust to give permission for the bank to mortgage the property.

It would be interesting to know if there is an assumption that one spouse has the power to enter into a contract of some sort regarding the real estate without the other spouses knowledge.

… for example, if he hires someone to mow the yard, or she pays someone to clean the home, and enters into the a contract, would that be void if the spouse didn't also agree to it?

I have 5 acres and deer come through regularly, mostly at night. I really can't see shooting something with a bow and it not making it off the 5 acres.
My neighbor doesn't seem to care and hunts his 5 acres, although I've known him to bait and even has hunted at night.
I just don't think this is enough land to hunt with a bow.

I have 5 acres and deer come through regularly, mostly at night. I really can't see shooting something with a bow and it not making it off the 5 acres.
My neighbor doesn't seem to care and hunts his 5 acres, although I've known him to bait and even has hunted at night.
I just don't think this is enough land to hunt with a bow.
It is somewhat about perspective.

If a guy lives in suburbs/city, then that 5 acres may seem very large and is large.

If a guy hunts on farms/leases/wma's in middle/west TN then his perspective is very different.

I bet people in Montana would not see hunting all over 20-30 acre farmsteads very sporting. Yet, people do it everyday legally.

It is somewhat about perspective.

If a guy lives in suburbs/city, then that 5 acres may seem very large and is large.

If a guy hunts on farms/leases/wma's in middle/west TN then his perspective is very different.

I bet people in Montana would not see hunting all over 20-30 acre farmsteads very sporting. Yet, people do it everyday legally.
I do believe you could hunt the 5 legally. My deadend road is 5 acres lots. But we are surrounded by a few thousand acres of farm land/timber.
I do agree is about perspective and people probably do it every day. I just don't see keeping a deer that has been shot with a bow on the 5 acres.

Latest posts

Back