• Help Support TNDeer:

KY Birthday Buck

Union Co. Boy

Today is my 52nd birthday. I'm fortunate enough to have permission to hunt some property in southeastern Kentucky. Rough mountains and lots of bears. Said a little birthday prayer before daylight and settled in. About 7:40 I made a few soft grunts. 5 minutes later this guy came in looking for the other buck. He grunted, postured, smelled some scrape scent I had applied, and walked off once before finally giving me a 40 yd. shot. His rack obviously isn't huge, but he was huge bodied and had a weird shoulder injury that looked like part of the muscle had atrophied and left a dent you could fit a baseball in. Destroyed the heart and lungs with a 200 grain Shockwave and 120 grains of Blackhorn 209. My cousin and I had to back the SxS up to a mound in order to load him from there after several failed attempts on level ground. God is good and happy birthday to me!!! Now I have to get an 8 yr old on some deer! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_5785.webp
    IMG_5785.webp
    348.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5791.webp
    IMG_5791.webp
    396.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5789.webp
    IMG_5789.webp
    426.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5804.webp
    IMG_5804.webp
    419.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5795.webp
    IMG_5795.webp
    302.1 KB · Views: 1
Today is my 52nd birthday. I'm fortunate enough to have permission to hunt some property in southeastern Kentucky. Rough mountains and lots of bears. Said a little birthday prayer before daylight and settled in. About 7:40 I made a few soft grunts. 5 minutes later this guy came in looking for the other buck. He grunted, postured, smelled some scrape scent I had applied, and walked off once before finally giving me a 40 yd. shot. His rack obviously isn't huge, but he was huge bodied and had a weird shoulder injury that looked like part of the muscle had atrophied and left a dent you could fit a baseball in. Destroyed the heart and lungs with a 200 grain Shockwave and 120 grains of Blackhorn 209. My cousin and I had to back the SxS up to a mound in order to load him from there after several failed attempts on level ground. God is good and happy birthday to me!!! Now I have to get an 8 yr old on some deer! 😁
Congrats and Happy Birthday

Not to worry about the rack, ya can't eat the rack. That is a real nice deer, it will eat good. Congratulations & Happy Birthday. 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back