• Help Support TNDeer:

Ky lake is firing up

TRIGGER

When you find schools of bass like this it gets real fun. I caught 20 fish out of this school with a weight of around 24 lbs biggest 5 in an hour. Caught 2 3 lbers on one cast on a 10 XD. This is the new Raymarine Axiom unit that came out a few weeks ago. Loving it. This was in 17.9'

Still waiting on an invite! I love ledge fishing, especially this time of year because the bass are just now starting to move out on the ledges and haven't gotten a lot of pressure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZachMarkus":68211uwk said:
Still waiting on an invite! I love ledge fishing, especially this time of year because the bass are just now starting to move out on the ledges and haven't gotten a lot of pressure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The bad part is my partner got tied up at work and never made it to the lake. I had an empty seat.

Lol when I saw the 7.9 ft in the pic and read where you were throwing a 10XD I was thinking no way haha. Then I read where it was 17.9 ft. Lol nice fish. They're setting up right on chickamauga right now too. The big swimbait bite and spoon is on fire right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2":3gvibsqx said:
Lol when I saw the 7.9 ft in the pic and read where you were throwing a 10XD I was thinking no way haha. Then I read where it was 17.9 ft. Lol nice fish. They're setting up right on chickamauga right now too. The big swimbait bite and spoon is on fire right now.

I haven't got them to fire on the Ben Parker spoon yet but have talked to a few people that have. I love throwing a 10 XD. It's hard to keep em pinned on it sometimes but it's worth it. A 10 XD also pulls the school to you most of the time which is the other down side. It's a tough choice for me between a swim bait,spinner bait or a crank bait. I usually switch between the three every third or 4th cast without a bite. Then if they slow down I pick up a jig or Carolina rig.

That kind of image will make you happy! Unless you can't get them to bite. A crankbait is king on those schooling bass. If they quit biting, try hopping a large jig or plastic worm. You have to jerk it like 4 feet off the bottom and then let it fall. Get right over top of the school. Jerk it up like once every 5 to 10 seconds.

Simpleman.2":1dh5nptf said:

They will school up the same way in 7 to 10' of water just like they do in deeper water. wore them out many times in that depth of water.

Back