• Help Support TNDeer:

Ladder Stand Recommendation Please

I wish, but I do not. But it wouldn't matter. I expect to put it/them in a wooded area where a tractor would never reach. I can't even get my ATV in there.

I bought one of these off of Facebook Marketplace for $60. I don't think they're even made any more, but this one was still in the box. It was worth $60 to see how/if I can make it work for me. I may have to invest in the hoist system double browtine shared. Again, thanks for all the info and advice from all.

View attachment 236337
You can put this stand up by yourself. I have one just like it, was relatively easy compared to some others I have put up by myself.

However, be careful those last few inches before the stand begins "free"-leaning (or falling) towards the tree. I have "missed" the tree, i.e. the stand falls behind the tree. This can also happen when you're trying to position the erected stand, such as having to lift it & pull the bottom farther away from the tree base.

There are less placement issues the shorter your ladder stand. Where I've had some issues have been with a 20-ft ladder being placed against a less than straight tree.
Limbs getting in the way has always been my issue on the taller ones.

Get whichever 1 you can and leave a section or 2 off, tie the rope where the strap goes lay the stand next to the tree, run the rope around tree then to the other side of stand, start lifting it up letting it rest on the tree while you get another grip, when in proper place pull the rope tite and tie off, ladder will be plenty sturdy enough to go up and put straps on. If ya need help yell, the first time will be the hardest lol.

Assembled last night, and hung one of these today, and would highly recommend after that. Got mine on clearance after season last year and just now got around to putting it out. Bolts are all packaged by each step, seat is comfortable, shooting rail is adjustable, small details I like are that it's brown, and it's not super wide so it doesn't stand out much against a tree at all. These and the academy brand game winner ladder stands are all I will buy from now on out.

Attachments

• IMG_8794.webp
    IMG_8794.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
I have a few of these. 61 lbs. I have found them onsale at places for as little as $150. 18 feet to the shooting rail. This was has a full foot platform but I think they make another that has a smaller platform.

These are on sale right now at Bass Pro for $119. Deal of the century. I have a couple of them. They are great stands. Tall, sturdy, quite and comfortable.

I want to buy one, maybe two new ladder stands and I need some recommendations. I want one man, relatively short and lightweight - something I can easily put up, and/or move to different locations by myself. Requirements (for me):
  • One man stand (to reduce weight overall weight and ease of putting up)
  • Short, I don't want a lot of height. Preferably 12 feet, give or take (just two ladder sections). This is what I'm having difficulty finding. Again, much easier for me to put up by myself. And in the scrubby cover I hunt, I don't have a lot of tall trees (w/o lots of limbs) and too much height can actually be detrimental. This is where I'm having the most trouble. I find very few decent models.
  • Lightweight - overall 50 pounds or less
  • Comfortable seat and gun rest. Obviously I like Millenium, I used to have had one. But the shortest Millenium model I see is still 18-feet, very hard for me to put up solo. Plus they're pricey.
I do wonder if I bought a 20-footer, would I (A) be able to put it up by myself, and (B) perhaps just not use one ladder section to shorten, and it still be stable/safe.

Anyway, y'all get the idea. I want a decent comfortable ladder stand (or two) small enough to me to be mobile with it, by myself.

Thanks for any suggestions. Potential web links appreciated.
most are tall, but easy to get around , just dont add all the ladder segments to the stand, I have an 18 foot but I left out a 4ft section, so I am only 12 foot up, way better.

We put up 4 Muddy Huntsman Deluxe ladder stands over the weekend. Sportman's Guide has great prices on them right now. Love the lumbar support in the chair-back and the fold-out footrest.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the same as the Big Game 1.5 with just a different name on it. They all look similar.
Made by same manufacturer but slightly different. Big Game has larger floor (slightly wider and goes all the way back to the tree under the seat), and the Big Game does NOT have the lumbar support in the chair-back.

Latest posts

Back