• Help Support TNDeer:

ladder stands???

Hollar Hunter

Anybody know of anyone who makes them around here for a good price? I use to know a fella up in IL who made 1 piece 20 footers that were 3x stronger than these commercial ones and sold them for 100$ each...I'm going to need quite a few so I am trying to find a good deal on ones that will last...Any info would be appreciated

Richard's sporting goods is a good source of the basic 15ft ladder stands,at the end of season when the are put on clereance. I can ususally get them buy 1 got $79 get 1 free,so basically your giving $40 a piece for them.Then I just take electrical conduit,and a conduit bender and bolt them onto the stand and make a shooting rail on it.

If you are wanting a 20' stand, check out the double rail stand in Sportsman Guide. The instructions suck to put them together, but after a couple it goes pretty quick. They are solid, and even with the extra shipping should be in that price range.

They are heavy, so it will take 2-3 adults to put one up on the tree.

They are the most bang for the buck that I have found.

Dicks is hard to beat and will usually run an early ad aroung july....then after that pretty regularly starting in sept thru gun season. I cant manufacture one for what they run it on ad.

scn said:
If you are wanting a 20' stand, check out the double rail stand in Sportsman Guide. The instructions suck to put them together, but after a couple it goes pretty quick. They are solid, and even with the extra shipping should be in that price range.

Awesome stands, and you will definitely need 3 people to put one up, they are very heavy!

scn said:

Thanks I will have to check these out...

i have build a few out of treated lumber , u can can build them in any form u like .i just check them real good each year . the one i hunt most has been there for 5 plus years and is still in good shape

Latest posts

Back