• Help Support TNDeer:

Lake ocoee number 1 or parksville lake

Sims

I'm trying to find out information on the lake. Does anyone know if it has hp restriction, size limits, and fishing permits? What's the quality of fishing there and are there any smallies. Thanks

NO HP restrictions, no required permits other than regular fishing license. Size & creel limits adhere to standard statewide limits... nothing special for Parksville.

Smallmouth bass are VERY rare, however there is an outstanding population of spotted (Kentucky) bass. The most recent state records came from there.

TWRA has expressed concern however that the spotted bass in Parksville are the result of illegal stocking of "Alabama-strain" spotted bass as opposed to the native Northern spotted bass. The Alabama-strain spots are known to grow larger than their northern counterparts.

Fishermen don't care however... they just know that Parksville is producing some great spots nowadays. Occasional crappie, bluegill and trout. But the spotted bass is king.

Like any "mountain" lake however, it can be feast or famine.

rsimms said:
NO HP restrictions, no required permits other than regular fishing license. Size & creel limits adhere to standard statewide limits... nothing special for Parksville.

Smallmouth bass are VERY rare, however there is an outstanding population of spotted (Kentucky) bass. The most recent state records came from there.

TWRA has expressed concern however that the spotted bass in Parksville are the result of illegal stocking of "Alabama-strain" spotted bass as opposed to the native Northern spotted bass. The Alabama-strain spots are known to grow larger than their northern counterparts.

Fishermen don't care however... they just know that Parksville is producing some great spots nowadays. Occasional crappie, bluegill and trout. But the spotted bass is king.

Like any "mountain" lake however, it can be feast or famine.
Check the fishing guide, there are special size restrictions on both largemouth and smallmouth as well as creel limits that are not the same as statewide.

No restrictions. Its known as Tumbling creek. The yellow perch used to be plentyful until 4yrs ago when they had to drain alot of the water to work on the damn, but this yr they have come back in numbers like they used to. I wouldnt take anymore of a boat that u cant menuver yourself or whom is with u because the ramp (if u wana call it a ramp) has no turn around so u have to pull in unhook and scotch your boat. Back up on the otherside of boat and get your truck turned around then u have to manually spin your trailer around the re-hook to the truck then u can back in. You can catch perch til your arms fall off there.

Poleaxe said:
No restrictions. Its known as Tumbling creek. The yellow perch used to be plentyful until 4yrs ago when they had to drain alot of the water to work on the damn, but this yr they have come back in numbers like they used to. I wouldnt take anymore of a boat that u cant menuver yourself or whom is with u because the ramp (if u wana call it a ramp) has no turn around so u have to pull in unhook and scotch your boat. Back up on the otherside of boat and get your truck turned around then u have to manually spin your trailer around the re-hook to the truck then u can back in. You can catch perch til your arms fall off there.
I believe your getting no.1 confused with no.3. He was asking about no.1, that's Parksville. No.3 is Tumbling creek and the statewide regs do NOT apply when it comes to bass fishing, however they do on no.3.

Yea my bad. I get 1 & 3 mixed up. I dont know why. Weve caught smallies on the lake back in the coves. If their releasing water at parksville damn (no.3) thats some great crappie fishing. We caught 2 limit below the damn this past saturday.

Been digging up info and decided to bring this one back to life, Is there any place to tent camp on this lake? i'm looking for a place to let my 5 yr old snag a mess off spotted bass and camp out with the wife. figured i could get her hooked that way lol.

There are a few primitive sites on the banks and a couple of islands if your lucky enough to get one before someone else. You also have Parksville campground on Hwy 30 two minutes from the main ramp.

Latest posts

Back