• Help Support TNDeer:

Lakes on the rise

I fished Watts Bar Friday and it was a little higher than normal... but the fish were biting. Lots of trash floating around. The smallmouth were shallow... temps 53-54 and on pea gravel. I'm not saying they were bedding but they were in the right depth and area. Wish I had longer to fish as I only spent 3 hours there but every point I went to had fish on it.

WTM":3loqesjc said:
as saturated as the ground is i believe it. supposed to get 36 hours of solid rain tues to thurs. gonna be some big arse trees floating around too.

Ky Lake has been moving over a million gallons a second for close to a month now to get the water out. The problem now is the Ohio is flooded so TVA is having to cut outflow down to avoid making there situation worse.

TRIGGER":eq5ye16j said:
WTM":eq5ye16j said:
as saturated as the ground is i believe it. supposed to get 36 hours of solid rain tues to thurs. gonna be some big arse trees floating around too.

Ky Lake has been moving over a million gallons a second for close to a month now to get the water out. The problem now is the Ohio is flooded so TVA is having to cut outflow down to avoid making there situation worse.

Just saw on the news the Ohio is at a 40 year high

Unfortunately, there are a lot of similarities between what we have going on right now and 2010 when Nashville flooded. The run up to that event were several smaller rain events that left the ground saturated and area reservoirs higher than normal. When the flooding system came in and parked over middle and west TN and dumped 10-18" of rain in 24 hrs, there was no where to hold/store the water.

I'm sure that the Corp and TVA are very concerned right now and are trying their best to run some water on down the system. With the Ohio flooding, the options may be limited to get rid of a bunch in a hurry. We need a period to dry out some, but it doesn't much look like we are going to get it.

scn":1arov3nc said:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of similarities between what we have going on right now and 2010 when Nashville flooded. The run up to that event were several smaller rain events that left the ground saturated and area reservoirs higher than normal. When the flooding system came in and parked over middle and west TN and dumped 10-18" of rain in 24 hrs, there was no where to hold/store the water.

I'm sure that the Corp and TVA are very concerned right now and are trying their best to run some water on down the system. With the Ohio flooding, the options may be limited to get rid of a bunch in a hurry. We need a period to dry out some, but it doesn't much look like we are going to get it.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking.
Still makes me shiver thinking about that flood and what I went through.
Water don't play, that's for sure.

scn":2401m0da said:

2011 as well, that was an awful year. wild weather swings up and down and anlot of water.

Water temperature on Woods Reservoir was 62 Saturday and most of our fish were caught in a foot of water or less

TRIGGER":1jcr9t9p said:
Now reporting Ky Lake will crest at 365'.

im wondering if that is the water that we have now and if they accounted for the 20 hours of solid rain for Monday and also the same forecast for the Ohio river valley?

WTM":3fzed0u5 said:
TRIGGER":3fzed0u5 said:
Now reporting Ky Lake will crest at 365'.

im wondering if that is the water that we have now and if they accounted for the 20 hours of solid rain for Monday and also the same forecast for the Ohio river valley?

They (TVA) just updated this today BUT obviously it has not hit anywhere near there "predicted" elevation,flow rate or timeline.

Latest posts

Back