• Help Support TNDeer:

Largemouth question

catman529

I don't usually target just largemouth but I got a question. Are the females in small lakes and such starting to move shallower and feed up to get ready for spawn? Debating whether to go or not. Wasn't sure if the cold February weather had them delayed or not.

Sent from the talk of tap

The lake at the park where I work is around 60 acres and fairly shallow, we have seen some 3-4 pound bass starting to show up shallower but the big girls are still staging out a little ways, that super cold weather has delayed them a little but as long as it stays above 50 the big ones will start easing up within the next week

It starts when the water hits 50 degrees. I fished Saturday morning in a smaller pond and got 7 in the yak, one being a chunky 19.25" that I have to assume was a prespawner. Water was 54 and it's only going to get warmer this week. This is the time, get out there!

SilverFox":2843nshh said:
I don't think the water temp has as much to do with it as length of day and moon. I've seen fish pull up and bed when the water was still considered too cold.
I don't necessarily agree. I believe it is indirectly affected by water temps. Bass will all move up at different times. As a matter of survival, to keep a whole years off spring from a kill off.

Latest posts

Back