• Help Support TNDeer:

Ledge Fishing (Update)

Milfoil, Hydrilla, and Coontail are great fishing lake grasses and it fishes great with different techniques as it mats over. Looking at a forested hillside, it appears Impenetrable from the top view, but like the forest floor, underneath the mat canopy the fish are hanging out, swimming around and produces well.

This new Eelgrass that is taking over Guntersville and now Nickajack is nearly impossible fish and I don't care for it. It grows from the bottom and is as thick as hair on a dog's back and still mats over. It does hold spawns and small bait fish but too thick to hold bigger fish. I'm open to any techniques for fishing it until it mats over. Soft weedless plastics is about it for me and have to clean off every cast. What are you all doing to fish it?

Last edited:
Another great morning on the lake! Caught 11 Largemouth, including this 8.5 pounder (guessing) or bigger. She pulled the drag many times and had to wear her down to get her in. I was in our pontoon and didn't have my scale. Well over 2 foot. Another pic with my 15" long legged beagle of the typical bass I was catching. She ran away when the big one came in! 😄 Cool and calm until the fog burned off and the Saturday boaters came out.

Could see the Bream were active near the shore! We had a Willowfly (Mayfly) hatch last night. Several birds taking advantage of the fish near the surface. The fish I was catching were much deeper and no idea about the Mayflies. The Lord is Good! 🙏

1687015425535.jpeg

1687015486905.jpeg

1687015544992.jpeg

Latest posts

Back