• Help Support TNDeer:

Let's Talk Catoosa

I haven't hunted there but I have looked it over on a map countless times. On paper it seems to have huge potential but then I'll see threads like this which are definitely discouraging. However the number one factor in keeping me from hunting there is there lack of access and timing of the hunts because they don't lend themselves to a bow hunter actually being able to locate a mature animal and hunt him down. I'm not opposed to killing a random buck that walks through heck I like to get lucky every once in a while. I much more prefer to form a plan and execute it on a buck and Catoosa just doesn't offer me that opportunity IMO
You can scout practically year round to formulate a plan. But, you are absolutely 💯 correct on hunt dates for hunting.

You can scout practically year round to formulate a plan. But, you are absolutely 💯 correct on hunt dates for hunting.
Right- you can do all the scouting in the World, but when everybody rolls in- things change a lot.
There seems to be a lot of luck involved, because you never know where they're going to push the deer off to.

Back