• Help Support TNDeer:

Leupold VX6 HD 4x24x52mm cds-zl2 TMOA

squirrel_hunter

Just bought a new one. Put it on my new Browning rifle. A Xbolt Hells Canyon Speed Long Range 280AI. Now it's load development. Anyone has one of these scopes?

Saw in your previous post, you had the Leupold 3-15 VX5, and not the VX6. Mind if I asked what pushed you to the 4-24 instead?

I'm hovering over the buy button for a 3-15 after my buddy talked me out of the 4-20 for my 7mm.

I didn't have one. I went to buy one the guy sold it. I like the VX5 HD 4-20x52mm. But the reticle isn't Illuminated. And the VX6's if u don't have your scope level. The scope will let u know. Look at Euro Optic they have demo models marked down. I bought a demo. But when I got mine it was new. Not a demo. Saved a few 100 dollars. The little extra power will come in handy. Shooting at a distance on hogs the small ones. I also like the 3x18x50. One I seen had red dot. And the wind plex together.

Last edited:
There's much better scopes for the same money out there. The vx5 and vx6 are essentially the same scopes, but one is a 5:1 and the other is a 6:1. I like the higher magnification scopes for punching targets but it makes it harder if you need a follow up shot.

There's much better scopes for the same money out there. The vx5 and vx6 are essentially the same scopes, but one is a 5:1 and the other is a 6:1. I like the higher magnification scopes for punching targets but it makes it harder if you need a follow up shot.
Whats much better for the same money?

Trijicon, maven rs1.2, swfa if you can find one
I know I've seen you mention it before but I honestly can't remember the answer...so what makes those scopes better? I don't have any high end glass but I do have a couple Leupold VX3s and I just can't imagine a better scope for what those cost.

I know I've seen you mention it before but I honestly can't remember the answer...so what makes those scopes better? I don't have any high end glass but I do have a couple Leupold VX3s and I just can't imagine a better scope for what those cost.
They actually work, hold zero, track correctly. Not that any of us would abuse our setups, but how many times have you fell and the scope is off? Take a scope to the range and dial the crap out of it and check your zero. Check it at various ranges throughout your session. The last thing anyone wants is a failure while out in the field. Buy good rings, and good optics. Most everyone makes a decent rifle, but very few make a good scope.

Latest posts

Back