• Help Support TNDeer:

Lighted nocks

I'm all for them. It's easier for me to see exactly where it hits the deer, also helps knowing where your arrow hit target practicing. I've also been able to track elk and mule deer that have been hit by glassing at last light and have a visible of their route for the next morning

Any weight you add is going to make the bow slower if you already have a heavy arrow setup and then add lighter nock on the arrow it just slows it down that much more
I get that, but I'm shooting 10 arrows a night to get back to zero and conditioning. About a week before season, I switch to broadheads and lighted knocks to confirm and there's never a change with my setup.

I like them, but got tired of them not being reliable enough to justify the cost. They may have gotten better over the years, but I do just fine without them.
These are the ones I use don't cost much more than regular nocks and haven't had a issue

IMG_5865.webp

Nocturnal nocks for me. For all the reasons listed above plus when I find the arrow I stab it in the ground so I can look back at it while I am tracking for a reference point.

Yes without a doubt they're an advantage. Lighted knocks weigh approx 20-25 grains so they shouldn't effect arrow flight noticeably until you get to around 40 yards with a modern compound bow. The advantage of knowing where you hit a deer in low light or being able to find your arrow to asses the shot is so important for a successful recovery. I prefer the red knocks vs blue or green because they aren't as bright and in a last light condition the blue and green have caused me to "loose my night vision" for a split second and caused me to not be 100% sure of where I hit the deer. The red knocks have never caused this to happen to me. I also buy them on clearance around turkey season and can typically find a three pack of Nocturnals for around $10

Yes without a doubt they're an advantage. Lighted knocks weigh approx 20-25 grains so they shouldn't effect arrow flight noticeably until you get to around 40 yards with a modern compound bow. The advantage of knowing where you hit a deer in low light or being able to find your arrow to asses the shot is so important for a successful recovery. I prefer the red knocks vs blue or green because they aren't as bright and in a last light condition the blue and green have caused me to "loose my night vision" for a split second and caused me to not be 100% sure of where I hit the deer. The red knocks have never caused this to happen to me. I also buy them on clearance around turkey season and can typically find a three pack of Nocturnals for around $10
I prefer the red as well

Latest posts

Back