• Help Support TNDeer:

Line ?

woodyard

I have been using seaguar invizx for the most part lately along with trilene xl. This last 1000 yd spool of invizx seems to be worse quality, causing way more line loops,thicker-thinner spots, etc than ever before. Anyone noticed quality going down ?

Is there a better floro out there?

I just relined one rod with pline 2lb floroclear to try it.
I am trying to decide if I want to order another spool of the invizx.

Line twists are from spooling your reels wrong most of the time.

I don't have a line recommendation. I'm still learning the mono world after not using it since braid became a thing. Before braid I exclusively used Ande monofilament but I was fishing for tarpon, not bass.

Pilchard":1wjpf8a1 said:
Before braid I exclusively used Ande monofilament but I was fishing for tarpon, not bass.

Bass fishing buddy of mine turned me on to Ande close to 20 years ago. I loved it until I got a couple bad spools and couldn't risk a weak spot in my line during a tournament. I might give them another shot in the near future.

woodyard":6jfpt4zu said:
I have been using seaguar invizx for the most part lately along with trilene xl. This last 1000 yd spool of invizx seems to be worse quality, causing way more line loops,thicker-thinner spots, etc than ever before. Anyone noticed quality going down ?

Is there a better floro out there?

I just relined one rod with pline 2lb floroclear to try it.
I am trying to decide if I want to order another spool of the invizx.

Sure hope the quality of InvisX isn't declining. That's my go to flouro. I also but it in 1000 yard spools and haven't bought any in quite some time.

I run p-line floroclear and love it. I mainly run 10 pound now for trolling, but have used other weights for other jobs. I would run more gama but it has gotten to the point it's almost to hard to find. I feel like The floroclear acts pretty much the same as regular mono.

first thing I would ask is how old is your spool and how has it been stored? I am huge fan of invisix. In fact, this weekend I was noticing some rough spots on some newer 20lb. I kept checking my rod guides for rough spots and kept noticing the spots popping up on my line more frequently. Finally realized that the line was being frayed by the lure keeper when I set the hook. Might just make sure its not a rod/ reel issue. I have been a huge fan of the invisix and keep several weights in 1000yd. spools.

i remember a year or 2 ago that invisx had some bad of lots. if it has thick and thin spots i would think that is defective line.

i only use flouro on my c-rig baitcaster and changed it to sunline sniper after numberone recommended it. pretty good line for its purpose.

i have 2 spinning reels with pline copoly in 6# or so. its been pretty good. the rest have mono, gliss or suffix 832 on them.

all my line except for super lines are stored in the freezer.

Back