• Help Support TNDeer:

Little Red River

TNRifleman

Any suggestions on a place to rent a trout boat from on the Little Red near Heber Springs. We always fish the White River but the water is crazy high there right now so we are changing our annual trip. I know nothing about the little red and need some help.

Thanks.

Man, it has been years, but I seem to remember a place at the old Swing Bridge area, that is also close to where old Rip caught the record Brown at as well. Good luck and let us know how it turned out, we use to go every third weekend in September and I would always struggle to try to get the TN and FL game on the radio.

I haven't been there in years but I used to fish out of Bill Lindsey trout dock. It's a few minutes below the damn. Once they start generating you will have to drift fish because the water gets there pretty fast. You could go farther down river to Swinging Bridge also. It takes the water several hours to get too high to do anything but drift fish there. I just never caught on how to drift fish with the current and high water but that's when they catch the big ones.

I didn't remember any Little Red River with trout in TN so I searched. I see now. Wow, you are in for a trip! Hope those hogs are turned on already. Do ya'll throw mouse patterns to them or just big streamers?

I meant to say Lobo Landing instead of Swinging Bridge down river. If they're generating I think it takes the water about 6 hours to rise that far down. That'll give you plenty of time to boat around and fish without the high water.

tasaman":14w3oo6m said:
I didn't remember any Little Red River with trout in TN so I searched. I see now. Wow, you are in for a trip! Hope those hogs are turned on already. Do ya'll throw mouse patterns to them or just big streamers?

I drive the boat for my buddy who is an avid fly fisherman. I throw spoons or rooster tails during the day while I am not maneuvering the boat. I really go to fish for big Browns at night. I throw 6" countdown rapalas for that

I used to fish the Little Red upstream of Heber at Clinton when I worked out there. No trout up that far but we absolutely killed the white bass in the Spring. My fishing partner from there has gone on to the big fishing hole in the sky. We sure had fun back in the early/mid 80s.

Good luck, wherever you end up out there.

We are headed to the Red River Trout Dock to rent a cabin for a few days in mid-October. Looking forward to fishing that river for the first time.

Let us know how you do!

Well it was kind of a bust for us but some of that was due to the poor experience we had at Lobo Landing. The cabin was nice and comfortable but the people t the dock left a bit to be desired. Boat was expensive for a half day rental (only 4 hours). They told us they would be there at 6am on Friday so we left Memphis at 3:30 AM and pulled in at 6:15. They didn't show up until almost 7:00 to open it.

I caught the fish below (a 17" brown) in the first 20 minutes but had very little luck after that. I think I have just been spoiled by the White river and my experience at the White Hole Resort, but we probably won't be going back to the Little Red.

Love those browns! Wish it had gone better for you.i haven't tried the Little Red yet, it is hard to not go to the White knowing how it can be. I be going to the White on Friday, getting kind of giddy already.

woodyard":271pq2cl said:
Love those browns! Wish it had gone better for you.i haven't tried the Little Red yet, it is hard to not go to the White knowing how it can be. I be going to the White on Friday, getting kind of giddy already.

If you are going up close to Bull Shoals, be ready to fish high water. I am hearing they are running all 8 generators almost full time to bring the lake level down.

Latest posts

Back