• Help Support TNDeer:

Livescope users

Spurhunter":rj8j5wfr said:
Is Livescope a game changer for crappie fishing year round or just certain seasons? Any personal experiences here? I've been watching some YouTube videos and it looks like cheating!

I bought a Livescope earlier this year. I believe it has the capability of being a game changer, but only if you use it. I used it a lot early on. Its greatest functionality for me was fishing docks - quickly determining which docks held a school of crappie and which ones didn't. But I have not used it much this summer at all (mainly because I've been catfishing, no crappie fishing). So I really can't answer your question directly.

But I believe it can be a game changer year-round. It is ALWAYS going to tell you if there are crappie there or not... that prevents you from wasting time fishing dead spots. You can spend two minutes scanning structure to see if there are fish there, rather than fishing it for 20 minutes to see if they are there. That allows you to cover more water and up your odds of finding a potential Mother Lode.

But it's not going to put crappie there for you, OR make them bite when you do find them. You still have to put the time on the water to know where to look and where not to look.

It's an incredible tool but in my experience, it is far from "cheating."

rsimms":cy11r2og said:
I bought a Livescope earlier this year. I believe it has the capability of being a game changer, but only if you use it. I used it a lot early on. Its greatest functionality for me was fishing docks - quickly determining which docks held a school of crappie and which ones didn't. But I have not used it much this summer at all (mainly because I've been catfishing, no crappie fishing). So I really can't answer your question directly.

But I believe it can be a game changer year-round. It is ALWAYS going to tell you if there are crappie there or not... that prevents you from wasting time fishing dead spots. You can spend two minutes scanning structure to see if there are fish there, rather than fishing it for 20 minutes to see if they are there. That allows you to cover more water and up your odds of finding a potential Mother Lode.

But it's not going to put crappie there for you, OR make them bite when you do find them. You still have to put the time on the water to know where to look and where not to look.

It's an incredible tool but in my experience, it is far from "cheating."

Thanks. One thing is for sure, when they don't want to bite, you can't make them. I can see it being a very useful tool. Just not sure I want to drop $1500 on the transducer.

I purchased LiveScope late last spring.

Like rsimms said, I could easily pull up to a dock, scan it, and know whether there were crappie there.

However, I mostly bass fish, and I didn't see a lot of value in it for the way I bass fish, and the lakes that I typically fish.

I sold it and went with Mega 360 instead. It's better for me for bass fishing.

I believe if you're crappie fishing, the Livescope is a great tool that can be used year round.

TNReb":vrgoxj2a said:
I purchased LiveScope late last spring.

Like rsimms said, I could easily pull up to a dock, scan it, and know whether there were crappie there.

However, I mostly bass fish, and I didn't see a lot of value in it for the way I bass fish, and the lakes that I typically fish.

I sold it and went with Mega 360 instead. It's better for me for bass fishing.

I believe if you're crappie fishing, the Livescope is a great tool that can be used year round.

just curious, what style of bass fishing and type of lakes do you think livescope does not have value?

Just buy it. It won't make them bite but in the end it will put more fish in the boat. I tell everyone that if mine broke I would have another one ordered before I got home. Some fish don't want to bite but will when you keep hitting them with the bait.

Agree with what rsimms posted,worth every penny to know if theres a fish there or not.But like rsimms said you have to use it and its not that hard to use and figure the basics out.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Man, I was hoping y'all would steer me away, but you've got me sold. My boat will be put up from November 6th to mid-January. I think I am going to research, figure out mounts, etc. and hope the price drops before January. :lol:

Spurhunter":1q28es8q said:
Man, I was hoping y'all would steer me away, but you've got me sold. My boat will be put up from November 6th to mid-January. I think I am going to research, figure out mounts, etc. and hope the price drops before January. :lol:

lol you can probably forget that. ive been waiting a couple of years for the price to drop on the ps22's after livescope came out. still the same price.

WTM":1b11tnem said:
Spurhunter":1b11tnem said:

lol you can probably forget that. ive been waiting a couple of years for the price to drop on the ps22's after livescope came out. still the same price.

Yeah. Wishful thinking on my part. I think the Panoptix has been the same price since it first came out.

Spurhunter":34ant97v said:

I bought this mount and have been very happy with it. https://seelite.myshopify.com/products/transducer-mount

I wouldn't hold your breath on a price drop. ;)

On the mount i have one of these but i have the 360 version.I made an adapter to mount the livescope on the 360 version myself,my livescope is stationary though(fixed straight ahead).First pic is the ducer apperatus 36p version with a side scan trans,second pic is with the livescope bracket i made added to it.Heres a link to his livescope turnable mount.

https://www.podunkideas.com/rotatable-shaft-model.html
dd415c1a6526d332f577a4259317ab9a.jpg
8406cbd6155c63a83489483b36d6e576.jpg

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Well I kinda took the plunge. I found a great deal on a used PS-22 and bought it. It will be here Friday. I'll be out of town until Sunday, but I can't wait to play with it. In a side by side video on YouTube it appears it does the same thing as Livescope, but the graphics aren't as crisp.

geez wish i could find a deal on a ps-22. basically the same except the cone is wider and makes fish targets larger on the screen at longer distances. lower resolution though. if i had a few grand to spare id run both a ps-22 and livescope and a gpsmap mfd to connect both to and toggle back and forth.

WTM":uj4d5suy said:
geez wish i could find a deal on a ps-22. basically the same except the cone is wider and makes fish targets larger on the screen at longer distances. lower resolution though. if i had a few grand to spare id run both a ps-22 and livescope and a gpsmap mfd to connect both to and toggle back and forth.

I say I found a deal. I was messing around on Bass Boat Central last night and there was one posted for a little less than half the new price to my door. I figure if I like it and decide to upgrade to Livescope I can probably get my money back or most of it.

a ps-21 will work for suspended crappie but i was looking at buying a ps-22 for the down vu option to try to jig sauger on bottom and with the narrower beam making it more precise.

Latest posts

Back