• Help Support TNDeer:

Long Range on the Cheap

Only had one scope go bad, and I think it was a Tasco, or maybe a Redfield. My Bushnells have been great, so far.

I had the rear lens fall out of a Bushnell sitting in my safe. It was on a 22lr so it's not like it was on a bruiser for recoil. Had another one just not work from the get go. I had some of the older ones that were awesome. I still have a 1.5-4.5 on my .307 Winchester and their 3200 and 4200 Elite series have been extra excellent.

I've sent back more Leupolds than anything. Enough of them that I don't look at them for new scopes. They've always had a great warranty but I've used it enough that I've drifted away from them when looking for new stuff.

Last edited:
I had the rear lens fall out of a Bushnell sitting in my safe. It was on a 22lr so it's not like it was on a bruiser for recoil. Had another one just not work from the get go. I had some of the older ones that were awesome. I still have a 1.5-4.5 on my .307 Winchester and their 3200 and 4200 Elite series have been extra excellent.

I've sent back more Leupolds than anything. Enough of them that I don't look at them for new scopes. They've always had a great warranty but I've used it enough that I've drifted away from them when looking for new stuff.
That would jade me on them as well. I have a few Bushnells, so far so good. The scope that went bad had an inner lens start doing flips, after less than 20 .270 rounds. Box store took it back and got me a Simmons, that lasted over 20 years. That was the mid to late 80s, and my budget for scopes was around $40, Army pay, but most did their job just fine.

Latest posts

Back