Looking to buy Cellular trail cams….what you suggest?

Buckstop

I have a couple of new farms to hunt and I'm needing a few cellular trail cams to put up and send pics to my phone…been looking at the Brownings and Tactacam Reveals…

I need help with suggestions please..thanks!

backyardtndeer

I can't speak to those, but I have had pretty fair experience with stealth cam cell cams. Camera itself has been just fine, takes good pics and cell service works well. Only issue I ever had, they resolved.

@fulldraw

Moultrie Edge (not the pro). I have 8 and no issues for how I use them. Can switch between pic or video. Only negative is videos won't send on demand. You will receive the video on next trigger after request. I think the new edge 2 will have upgrades but I'll hold off on them to see how they do.

Planking

One of my Tactacams has started eating batteries during the second time i put it out. Ive had pretty good luck with the others. I'm probably going to get a browning in its place to try.

ZachMarkus

Might check out the new Tactacam pro 3.0 they released today. I added two of them to my camera line up.

Attachments

• IMG_7992.jpeg
    IMG_7992.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 10

East TN Bowhunter

I run Tactacams and have never had any issues. They do take 12 AA batteries and the brownings only take 8AAs. I also wish the non-HD pic they send to my phone was a little better quality but other than that I have no complaints. Oh and the Tactacams monthly plans are a bit cheaper if you only have a 3-4 cams. $8 a month for the first cam and $7 a month for any additional cams for the intermediate plan(the one I use). You get 500 photos per month with this plan. That is an average of around 18 photos a day which is enough if you are on a rub line or a scrape. Maybe not if you have it on a corn pile or a salt lick. It is $13 a month for unlimited photos. Moultire and Brownings I think are more expensive just for a few cams but if you have more than a handful of cams than it can be a better value than Tactacam from what I have heard. With the Tactacam intermediate plan I have 4 cams and pay $29 a month for 2000 photos. They combine your total photos so if one cam is on a heavily used area and the others aren't it works out well and I don't normally go over the limit.

Rebels20

I have two browning cams with lock boxes. All are new in box. If you are interested I will make you a deal on them. I was gonna use them, but ended up not needing them. Ill probably post in classifieds in a few days.

themanpcl

I have a couple of new farms to hunt and I'm needing a few cellular trail cams to put up and send pics to my phone…been looking at the Brownings and Tactacam Reveals…

I need help with suggestions please..thanks!
I have been running stealth for 4+ years on my lease. Would not recommend. Too many issues, too hard to get support. Only good thing is that they have replaced every cam at least once. When they stop replacing and they all die, will probably just use my non cell...lol

OakHillHunter

another option if you already have non cellular cams is to use those and get the spypoint adapter. You can find those on sale at certain times of the year pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Latest posts