• Help Support TNDeer:

Lusk Archery Broadhead Reviews?

lafn96

Anyone else watch this guys reviews? How much stock do you put in his ratings? For me; the accuracy, penetration, and how it holds up going through the MDF and to a lesser extent the thin steel are the important parts of his testing (I could care less how it does shooting a concrete block). I watch to see what new broadheads are out if they do really well in those parts of his tests. There have also been those that I was tempted to buy from hearing guys talk about them, then watched his reviews to see them not do so well. I did buy some Sevr's last year based on his reviews; and am very happy with those.

Link to his Youtube - Lusk Archery Adventures

Yeah the concrete is silly. But I like his tests. The flight and penetration and seeing the wound channel is what matters to me. I almost never shoot the same head or arrow a second time so durability isn't a concern. His tests are thorough enough that there's something for everybody.

The concrete test he says in several videos are nothing more than to see weakness in the design / materials used and he doesn't put it as a big portion of the overall grade I think something like 3%

His hog hunting videos are pretty good most the time also

The steel shots are mainly to show how the thickness , angle of the edge and hardness affects it with edge chatter … most name brand broad heads dont break until the concrete

I don't watch TV so if I do watch TV it's mostly YT videos. Of all the people out there doing broadhead reviews I'd say Lusk's videos are probably the best BUT I just have a hard time putting a lot of stock in shooting OSB and cinder blocks. Same goes for ballistic gel. No BH is going to do well in any of those medias.

I can't STAND Ranch Fairy and he is SO bassackwards on anything archery related but shooting a dead animal tells me more than a concrete block or ballistic gel. I just can't get past his spewing ignorance to watch one of his videos. Don't know why he never wonders why everyone else in the country can shoot a pig with a mechanical and/or a sub 600g arrow but him.

I don't watch TV so if I do watch TV it's mostly YT videos. Of all the people out there doing broadhead reviews I'd say Lusk's videos are probably the best BUT I just have a hard time putting a lot of stock in shooting OSB and cinder blocks. Same goes for ballistic gel. No BH is going to do well in any of those medias.

I can't STAND Ranch Fairy and he is SO bassackwards on anything archery related but shooting a dead animal tells me more than a concrete block or ballistic gel. I just can't get past his spewing ignorance to watch one of his videos. Don't know why he never wonders why everyone else in the country can shoot a pig with a mechanical and/or a sub 600g arrow but him.
Nailed it!!

I like John Lusk's videos. He is very thorough and lets the results speak for themselves. His tests were a large reason why I decided to try some Sevr 1.75's.

As for Ranch Fairy, I refuse to believe that what has worked for me since 2006 is insufficient all of a sudden.

I like John Lusk's videos. He is very thorough and lets the results speak for themselves. His tests were a large reason why I decided to try some Sevr 1.75's.

As for Ranch Fairy, I refuse to believe that what has worked for me since 2006 is insufficient all of a sudden.
Ranch fairy reminds me of a sleezy used car salesman with his delivery

Check out his reviews of the QAD Exodus. Those things are nearly indestructible and very economical. May be the best bang for the buck (no pun intended) out there.

Back