• Help Support TNDeer:

Mannnn… (fly fishing)

CATCHDAWG

So I've been wanting a new landing net. The one I have is "ok" but I'd like to have a little longer handle to use with a new rod I bought a while back. I have SEVERAL items made by Fishpond and the quality is excellent! I was in a shop the other day and they had a net I really liked (Fishpond brand). I had the net in my hand and was about to buy it until I saw the sticker, "made in China". I put it back and left but I'm still thinking about buying one. If the quality is there would you still buy it even though it's foreign made?

back in the old days buying foreign goods was a sign of wealth and
prosperity. i dont particularly like stuff made in china but sometimes there is no choice.

although i am impressed with some piscifun baitcasters for what they sell for.

I like to support American companies when I can. However, I will put my money where it is best spent. Very few products are truly American made anymore and even fewer of high quality. I just buy what I think will work best for me.

I try to buy American, or not Chinese, whenever possible. I always like the look of wood handles, but I think the one you're looking at is carbon fiber? Here is a link to an American company; prices seem reasonable for wood.
That canoe model is awesome and only a few dollars more than the Chinese fishpond net. 😉

I loathe a net while wading, and I mean loathe them. I don't carry one nor would For any reason.

In the boat I have a fishpond guide nomad net, and it's a rockstar product. In the boat it's mandatory IMO, only bad things happen when handling fish in the boat without a net. Shoutout to @scn for the net he sold me at Fly South in Nashville which I might mention is the best fly shop I've ever been in hands down

I have a Fishpond for larger fish and the quality is great. I see you are in Bradley county. If you are looking for a quality American made net there is a guy in McDonald who made my brookie net and he does great work. I can get his info for you if you want to go that route.

I loathe a net while wading, and I mean loathe them. I don't carry one nor would For any reason.
I tote my net on the back of the neck strap on my chest pack on one of those little magnet thingie's. It's completely out of my way until I need it. I like to take a pic of my fish and a net makes it much easier.

I try to buy American, or not Chinese, whenever possible. I always like the look of wood handles, but I think the one you're looking at is carbon fiber? Here is a link to an American company; prices seem reasonable for wood.
Correct on the carbon fiber part. I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get the f.p.

I tote my net on the back of the neck strap on my chest pack on one of those little magnet thingie's. It's completely out of my way until I need it. I like to take a pic of my fish and a net makes it much easier.
To each their own of course. I wade with a handful of flies and some tippet. Ultra minimalist

Latest posts

Back