• Help Support TNDeer:

McPeake Buck in 1996

Must be cause of that little kicker

I would've let'm walk. He'd be real good next year 😂

Attachments

• IMG_5465.webp
    IMG_5465.webp
    19 KB · Views: 1
I'd much prefer to know the age of these bucks than their scores.
(To me, the pics say much more than the scores.)
And would love to know in great detail the honest stories of how they were targeted & killed as well.

It's hard to tell from the camera angle, but the same 2 tines @Specializedjon has the arrow pointing at may share a common base and not be a G2 and G3 but a single G2 that's forked, with a separate kicker.

View attachment 241494
Thats the only possible explanation I can see that makes sense of how this buck could be considered non-typical...either way, what a beautiful buck...truly a giant.

Thats the only possible explanation I can see that makes sense of how this buck could be considered non-typical

Still wouldn't make it non-typical, I wouldn't think. The right G3 and its kicker would be considered irregular points and deducted from score, but there's nothing non-typical about that rack.

Still wouldn't make it non-typical, I wouldn't think. The right G3 and its kicker would be considered irregular points and deducted from score, but there's nothing non-typical about that rack.
Agree that theres nothing non-typical about the buck...also question where the buck is listed as a non-typical? If its listed as a non-typical in the TN Deer Registry then I believe they allow the hunter to chose which way they want it entered...I know of one buck that is a very typical, main frame 10pt, with way less than 15" of junk....and this buck is entered as a non-typical.

Agree that theres nothing non-typical about the buck...also question where the buck is listed as a non-typical? If its listed as a non-typical in the TN Deer Registry then I believe they allow the hunter to chose which way they want it entered...I know of one buck that is a very typical, main frame 10pt, with way less than 15" of junk....and this buck is entered as a non-typical.
Maybe he "chose" it but I'd call that BS if allowed to do so just because you "want" it. That's not directed at you though

After further thought, I think you are right. If you enter as typical, there are deductions, if you want every inch counted then you enter as non typical

Attachments

• IMG_4310.webp
    IMG_4310.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
Maybe he "chose" it but I'd call that BS if allowed to do so just because you "want" it. That's not directed at you though

After further thought, I think you are right. If you enter as typical, there are deductions, if you want every inch counted then you enter as non typical
Agree that those who choose non-typical are going for the higher score. (Even though there are still deductions on a non-typical....with side to side differences of the main frame being deducted before the abnormal points are added) so from that one pic it appears the buck isnt what most would consider non-typical...super buck either way.

This^^^^^ They allow the hunter to decide whether they want it as a typical or non-typical. It may go higher in the record books as a non-typical, so the hunter chose to enter it that way.

Agree that those who choose non-typical are going for the higher score. (Even though there are still deductions on a non-typical....with side to side differences of the main frame being deducted before the abnormal points are added) so from that one pic it appears the buck isnt what most would consider non-typical...super buck either way.
For sure…excellent deer no matter how you slice it

I saw the mount of this buck in the early 2000s displayed at the local sporting goods store in Camden the buck looks huge in the pictures but even bigger in person the frame on it was unbelievablely large, I remember a plackard with the inscription " The Eagle Creek Ghost" attached to the board the mount was on.

Latest posts

Back