• Help Support TNDeer:

Mercury ECU unit?

David

Took the boat out saturtday and would not start. Would turn over, etc.. but never fire up. Took it to shop and its the ECU.... $1500 for a new one. That's a lot of $ for a little computer! 2000 175 mercury efi

Granted the boat has never given me issues over the past 5 years, so I guess ill just have to suck it up!

Anyone ever had this problem before? Only thing I could see as an alternative is trying to find a used one, or get a rebuilt one, but not sure that would be the best route long term since I plan on keeping the boat.

Contact MarineComputerSupply.com or DFITechnologies.com and talk to them. They are the experts at rebuilding ECU/EMM's on newer motors with computers. You send them your unit and they remap it and update it. Best I can recall they are over 60-70% cheaper than getting a new one and their work comes with a 1 year warranty if I am not mistaken. DFI Technologies used to be the only game around but MCS has now entered the picture and from what I hear are cheaper than DFI.

Yes, these computer-driven motors that we all are forced to buy now do suck! :bash:

Latest posts

Back