• Help Support TNDeer:

Mid Tn Lakes

Cutover

As far as fishing goes Center Hill or Dale Hollow. I like the looks of Tims Ford but never fished there.

If they were the same distance, I'd take Dale Hollow. Hoping to make a night trip there Saturday.

Is Tims Ford a good lake. I have never fished it. I have heard it is a good fall-winter lake. I like the idea of smallmouth and strippers in cool weather.

Bucket":1lenrk8z said:
Cutover":1lenrk8z said:
Is Tims Ford a good lake. I have never fished it. I have heard it is a good fall-winter lake. I like the idea of smallmouth and strippers in cool weather.

Ha!
You know, I like the idea of strippers in cool weather too!

If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!

Guess I need spelling lessons. (stripers). Looks like spell check changed it and I didn't notice. Sorry

Dale hollow has been really good the past couple of years and I keep seeing bigger largemouth making many of the tournament bags weighed in. That being said the corps has brought Center Hill back up to full pool for the first time in 8 years with the completion of the dam repairs. This spring and early summer the fishing there was great! That being said a lot of the good catches on either lake are coming at night.

Cutover":1h0t5ex4 said:

Tims Ford is a tricky lake to fish to me. I mainly fish it winter and spring. It can be good year round for the ones that stay on the lake. The wake boats and jet skis have really been bad and getting worse in the warmer months since building the new twin creeks marina. Even at night its hard to get away from boat traffic. Myself I'd rather fish Normandy or Woods Res.

I too like Tims in the winter but my focus is crappie. As mentioned you really can't fish much past daylight this time of year. My Buddy says it's high seas past 9 am

The locals call the striped bass "rockfish"

Latest posts

Back