• Help Support TNDeer:

Middle Tennessee QDMA July Meeting

Pursuit Hunter

With many of us travelling during the Fourth of July holiday, we have decided to move our July meeting date from July 3rd to July 17th. I hope this isn�t an inconvenience and that it allows more of you to attend. As usual, we will meet at 7:00 p.m. at the TWRA Region II headquarters building in the Ellington Agricultural Center at 5105 Edmondson Pike, Nashville 37211. Click here for a Google map.

Our speakers, Chris Wolkonowski and Clint Borum, will present a topic that couldn�t be more timely, given our recent record-breaking heat. They will be talking about creating and improving wildlife habitat, with an emphasis on using native warm season grasses and other native plants which can be more drought-resistant than traditional cultivated foodplots.

Chris and Clint are Private Lands Biologists employed by the NRCS and the TWRA, respectively. They consult with private landowners to develop and implement plans to improve wildlife habitat on their property. They are both extremely knowledgeable and are great speakers. You will definitely learn a lot from their presentation.

Speaking of habitat improvement, if you have a recent project that you would like to share with the group, please email photos to me at [email protected] . I will include them in the meeting powerpoint and give you an opportunity to describe your project during the meeting. I think this can be a valuable way for us to educate each other. All projects are welcome. Let us know what has worked, and what hasn�t.

See you on the 17th.

Latest posts

Back