• Help Support TNDeer:

MidTennFisher?

Oh boy...

I didn't fish any tournaments this season, I missed out on the first several due to work and just figured "screw it, I'll try next season". As far as the cheating issue, I guess you heard of it. That guy absolutely, 100% cheated his way to the "win" and it's pathetic that he got away with it. I saw the pictures, one fish he submitted had some bad scale damage. Another picture that he tried to pass off as a different fish, was clearly the same fish. He carefully placed his hand over the scale damage but didn't cover all of it up as well as he thought he did. It was very obvious not only due to a couple scrapes above the gill but also discoloration on the tail and two very tiny black dots on the dorsal fin.

He also submitted a few fish where it was pretty clear the lip wasn't touching the bump board but he used his thumb to hold the lip up and took the picture from an angle slightly behind the fish to make it appear the lip was touching. In my opinion, he should be banned from fishing any tournaments but that isn't going to happen. I can guarantee you one thing though, if I show up for a tournament and he's there intending to fish, I'm not entering my money. I'll just fish for fun.

They tried to get a biologist from TWRA to give an opinion on whether those two pics were of the same fish and they said they aren't allowed to weigh in on a tournament. It's pretty obvious that it was the same fish, no biologist needed. Last I read was a post on FB about it which erupted and was eventually deleted but the tournament directors said there was "not enough evidence" to say for sure he cheated and strip him of his prize money, kayak, and all the other stuff he won.

He's on the pro-staff for Sowega Kayaks, I bet they're loving all the negative attention directed toward him because of all this.

To play devil's advocate here, I suppose it is possible that he caught the same fish twice and didn't realize it so he submitted it as two different fish. That's very unlikely, but it is possible. He did decline a polygraph test, paid for by the tournament director, so that makes me even more suspicious that he knew what he was doing.

Another thing, there were literally hundreds of comments on the FB thread with everyone calling him out for cheating and he was nowhere to be found. If that were me, and I was innocent, I would never stand for my integrity being blasted like that without fiercely defending myself. That also implies guilt.

Catching the same fish is always possible... but the other 3 photos of short fish with their heads raised adds to the likelihood it was just 2 pics of the same catch.

TWRA and the local police could charge him. The biologist wouldn't comment since he's not used to enforce laws I'd imagine. The guys who finished below him are the ones who are going after the arrest.

Makes me want to throat punch him... I would imagine the others feel the same way. I can't stand a cheater.

Latest posts

Back