• Help Support TNDeer:

Mississippi crappie fishing

Spurhunter

I took my son and my cousin crappie fishing Saturday and Sunday morning. We didn't even think about getting a picture of the total catch until they were filleted. We ended up with 18 keepers over 12 inches. We didn't kill them but ended up with a good mess of fillets.
172adc73275182d14f8358fa3eb811dd.jpg
22ae73c11c9a079732256eb0b89f41f5.jpg
02c803384a863bc126967f31cabcca56.jpg
2849a29553499899481b1776a1d1c160.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice,had some buddies drive down and fish sat and they done pretty good

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Are you spider rigging or using individual rods?

I have never tried the spider rigging deal, but it seems like everyone I know that crappie fishes much is doing that. It's kind of intimidating to me, since I don't have a boat that I could really set up to do that.

bluball":jqo4fbwe said:
Nice,had some buddies drive down and fish sat and they done pretty good

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
Probably better than we did. We were using jigs. Might have done better on minners or cranks. If only we could've kept the 40 throwbacks we caught between 11 and a half and 12 inches!

Dbllunger":1eq6cdy9 said:
Great day on the water for sure. What lake were you guys fishing? My great uncles were on Grenada every chance they got when I was a kid and another uncle would wear out Sardis.
I'm going to try Grenada someday. I fish Arkabutla some but Sardis is my favorite for crappie.

Crosshairy":22iak1x5 said:
Are you spider rigging or using individual rods?

I have never tried the spider rigging deal, but it seems like everyone I know that crappie fishes much is doing that. It's kind of intimidating to me, since I don't have a boat that I could really set up to do that.

We were spider rigging with 5 poles, 2 jigs on each pole. Don't be intimidated at all! You don't have to use a dozen poles. When I'm alone I only take 4 poles. My son and I usually use 6. You can rig any boat to do it. Just takes a little imagination and redneck engineering sometimes. Over the years I've rigged everything from jon boats to bass boats. If you decide to try it I'll give any advice I can. Just need to see the inside of your boat (front).

Back