• Help Support TNDeer:

Moving ladder stands…

74MOPAR

Moving ladder stands by yourself sucks.
That's all I've got to say about that.
IMG_9002.webp

I've got a 2 man still in the box I'm gonna set up on my line with public. I figure if someone steals it, they'll have to earn it.

Last edited:
If you can get an atv to the tree. Park the atv between the tree and the bottom of the ladder. Put the bottom of the ladder against the bottom of the atv tire. It will keep the ladder from sliding toward the tree. Then stand the ladder up against the tree. That technique has help me a few times.

I never put up ladders by myself. Too risky. Always want someone holding the bottom of the ladder when I go up to attach the ratchet strap.

I've done it many times and will probably do it by myself a few more times. But I am in the habitat of having one person there. Even my wife is a lot of help. It is dangerous. And it's a ton of work for one person. The smaller single man stands aren't awful. But the bigger single man are a handful. And a 2 man is an absolute job by yourself.

You can use a climber to attach the ratchet strap. I mounted a hand winch to a 4 x 4 block and ratchet strap it to the tree. Then I use the hand witch to pull the ladder stand up into position.

Latest posts

Back