Mulberry Trees

Ski

Have you tried doing something like this with them? I think cloned ones will produce the same apples as the parent tree, especially if they were planted from seed. It would be neat to reproduce the orchard Chapman started.

db104e3a-232a-44c6-b8ec-25ffc29811d6.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

I haven't tried that but sure would like to try! I'm unsure how closely related these trees are to the original orchard but am certain they can't be but one generation removed. My great aunt lived in the orchard and used to tell me she ate apples from those trees when she was a little girl, as she'd pick some for me. She died in her 80s back in the early 90s, so the trees are pretty old. If they aren't trees he planted they grew from fruit from the trees he planted.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

farmin68

I've transplanted a lot of them. They're great, hardy fast-growing trees. We pick them for jelly, jams, fresh fruit, cobblers, etc. they coincide with dewberries, so we mix them for some tartness (or you can pick some before fully ripe).

We use the wood for heating and cooking, just make sure it dries well. Smells great.
Greg Judy uses mulberry for fence posts. He says it's highly rot resistant.

Latest posts