• Help Support TNDeer:

My "new to me" boat!

Spurhunter

I have always wanted an 18 foot Xpress with a 150 and I ran across a deal on a 19 foot with a 175 I couldn't pass up. It's a X19 Tournament Series with dual console, Hi-Jacker jackplate, and hydraulic steering. The motor is a Yamaha VMAX 175 HPDI with 32 hours. It's sitting on an all aluminum trailer with surge brakes. I'm eventually going to add a couple power poles and upgrade the electronics. I've had it out twice and I absolutely love it.
200eda4151a9a0ee5e401a4c148b9364.jpg
0f97514b0193fcec66980a1ee7abb9d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: My

That sucker should fly!! Good looking rig!
I have a XP200 (20/70)with a yammy 115 and with gear, 2-3 people on glass it will hit 42. With a little rougher water 39 or so.....plenty fast for me!

X-Tennessean":19xrbbtc said:
That sucker should fly!!

Not as much as you'd think. It is a big, wide boat. It runs 61 MPH (gps) right now with me, my son, 3 interstate batteries, and all our gear in 86 degree water. I still have some adjusting to do on the jackplate and it came with a 4 blade prop that needs to go. With the right 3 blade prop and the right jackplate setting, I'm thinking 64-66. Seems to be what other guys are getting with everything optimized. I've always said 60 MPH is fast enough to get anywhere you want to go so I'm happy. I will be cruising most of the time in the mid to high 50s opposed to running it on the redline. I want this motor to last a long time.

very nice. yamaha motors are pretty much bulletproof. i dont understand how some aluminum boats can handle those big motors. i saw one the other day that had a 200 or 250 honda on it. the motor looked bigger than the boat.

WTM":h970e6rt said:
i dont understand how some aluminum boats can handle those big motors. i saw one the other day that had a 200 or 250 honda on it. the motor looked bigger than the boat.

This 19 footer is rated for a 200. The 21 footer is rated for 250. It sounds like a lot for a tin rig but these boats are deep and wide. With everything optimized I might see high 60s in cold water with a light load. That's not setting the world on fire. At 61 this boat felt as stable as a glass boat. I think the 250 on an X21 would be a beast though! :super:

Latest posts

Back