• Help Support TNDeer:

Need a new taxidermist

Jones Taxidermy in Dickson. He is the taxidermist to the stars, He has done work for country music stars, titan's football players, as well as some of the wealthiest people in middle TN including former senator Bill Frist I believe.

Dustin vaine in Vanleer does mine.
IMG_6375.jpeg
IMG_6376.jpeg
IMG_6377.jpeg
IMG_6378.jpeg

Check out @Specializedjon
At Old Oak Taxidermy
Our Specializedjon does taxidermy? Who knew.

Since we used the same guy, I'll probably take my next one to Trophy Ridge Taxidermy in Castalian Springs. Dale mounted one for me yrs ago and it still looks as good today as it did then. Taxidermy pictures can be very deceiving, I like to see someone's work first hand before I make a decision to use them. It’s all about the details!

Since we used the same guy, I'll probably take my next one to Trophy Ridge Taxidermy in Castalian Springs. Dale mounted one for me yrs ago and it still looks as good today as it did then. Taxidermy pictures can be very deceiving, I like to see someone's work first hand before I make a decision to use them. It's all about the details!
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Our Specializedjon does taxidermy? Who knew.
Yep, been a few posts about it. I would give him a shot on our deer if it was closer and if not for the cwd restrictions.

Too far for you probably, but we used Shane Hayes for our 2023 deer both mine and my wife's. Great turn around, he tans in house, and his work looks very good.

I'm just going to continue to boycott shooting mountable deer. :D

The only eastern whitetail I'm interested in mounting would be a big velvet buck. Seeing that I'm going to be hunting with the unnamed taxidermist a couple weeks after the early hunt, I'm just going to show up at his front door with the rack in hand and cape in the cooler. In the meantime, I'll just continue euroing them.

My line of work (ceramic tile installation) is similar when it comes to the little details. That being said I pay close attention to them
Interesting. My cousin in Florida does pool tile. He says the same thing. Everything is in the details. He even did all of the tile on the multiple pools at the Busch Family compound and his work has been in "Home and Garden."

Since we used the same guy, I'll probably take my next one to Trophy Ridge Taxidermy in Castalian Springs. Dale mounted one for me yrs ago and it still looks as good today as it did then. Taxidermy pictures can be very deceiving, I like to see someone's work first hand before I make a decision to use them. It’s all about the details!
He did a duck for me several years ago. Looks great still and his work in progress at the shop was pretty impressive also.

Check out @Specializedjon
At Old Oak Taxidermy
Appreciate the referral Dave. Checks in the mail brother 😂

Latest posts

Back