• Help Support TNDeer:

Never been more disappointed!

CATCHDAWG

There's a private lake/pond (a few acres) down the road that I used to fish about 15/20 years ago, it was a place dreams are made of! I mean you could catch seven to nine pound bass on what seemed like every other cast. I got permission to fish it today, as in "today". Couldn't hardly sleep last night and was sliding the yak into the water at daybreak. Fished a buzz bait for a while (always worked before) without a single strike and l thought, well that's strange... Switched over to a spinner bait and hooked into a solid seven/eight pounder on the second or third cast and lost it halfway to the boat. Didn't think much of it coming off. Five hours and five thousand cast later, throwing everything I had, I had put exactly ONE little three pound bass in the boat! Man I was so let down and bummed! But like the old saying goes, it's called fishing not catching and I guess that's what happens when you're over confident and in your mind, the fish are already caught before you even get there, lol. I'm thankful to the landowner for giving me the opportunity and hopefully one day, I'll get to try again but man, it just wasn't what I was expecting AT ALL... :(

Latest posts

Back