• Help Support TNDeer:

New guy to saddle hunting question

Ladys man

I'm using 4 trophy line /novix double steps with cable aiders. How do you guys attach them to you to only make 1 climb, I've been trying zip ties and a S carabiner, zip tie keeps rigidity but just not crazy about it.

Anyone have ideas ?

I just got a saddle last year and am not as efficient as I would like yet but here's what I do
I use three sticks (similar to yours but mine are API with amsteel aiders on each so it's like having four full steps). First stick goes on at the base of the tree with a one-step aider. Second and third stick are hanging from paracord I have looped around one of the molle loops in the saddle. I have a carabiner in the back of my saddle that I hang my platform from. Backpack on my back. Paracord bow rope with carabiners on both sides and I clip it to my backpack. Throw lineman's rope around tree, step up to middle or top of first stick, secure lineman and then hang my second stick. Repeat for third. Once I leave the ground I don't, or shouldn't, have to come back down until I'm done hunting.
I was skeptical at first and couldn't imagine not sitting in a lock-on or climbing which is what I grew up doing.

I will say, hang your platform close to, or at same height, as the top rung of your last stick so you can use it if you need to.

Hope that helps.

I have some 3D printed hooks that fit in the Molle loops on my saddle. I think they came from Genesis. I then have a loop of gutted paracord on the sticks. Loops go over the hooks and up I go. Easy to grab when ready to hang the next stick.

I use the S clips and attach them to the molle loops, also use paracord loops tied to the steps. Typically is easy to clip and unclip the paracord loops onto S clips

I use those large rubber flexible wire tires about a foot and half in length. I secure one end to my saddle which leaves
about a foot of the rubber wire to wrap around the steps. Quiet. Easy to unwrap and with the wire being flexible it easy to get around things.

I use four novix sticks with aiders as well. I can put the first two steps up without attaching to my saddle. The other two I attach to each other with the strap that's on the step. The step with strap slips through a loop on my saddle via the top step so all I have to do for the third step is unsnap the strap. The fourth step just slips out of the loop. Easy as can be. Hope this makes sense without pics.

I have these kydex Molle j-hooks and use paracord to hang my steps and platform from as I climb. My tethrd one steps stay stacked and I pull them apart one at a time as I need them.

I have these kydex Molle j-hooks and use paracord to hang my steps and platform from as I climb. My tethrd one steps stay stacked and I pull them apart one at a time as I need them.

This is the way

Back