• Help Support TNDeer:

new property trespasser question/opinion?

I agree with JCDeerman, the land owner may be encouraged by your care for his property. When I lease property one of the things I commit to the land owner is that I will look after their place as if it were my own. I have asked several land owners questions about things I observe on their property to see if they are aware of what is going on. I also bailed out of a lease when I found 5 does backstrapped in the woods and asked the farmer a question and got an evasive response. I like the idea of leaving a no trespassing sign on the ladder of the stand. They may simply take their stand and leave. I would also make sure the property is posted well with the owner's permission of course.

HatchieLuvr said:
Hollar Hunter said:
I lost a 70 acre gold mine this week due to being sold but obtained a new 200 acre property in Fairview that has no house there in exchange. Not sure of the deer this place holds i went out to setup a couple trophy rocks and cameras. Well as I suspected I would I found a nice new ladder stand setup about 75 yards from where i made my first lick after i made it. I know I'm the only one with permission there. So my first thought is I want to take it down but I don't want to start a war or have him take my cameras/licks even though they're cheap ones IR4's. So my thought is I'm going to wire a No trespassing/hunting/fishing metal sign to his ladder eye level.My question is should I put my phone# on the sign? What would you do or how would you go about it?

Saw the top step 3/4 thru and the one under that 1/2 way thru. (do it with a saw bought out of town & destroy saw asap after cutting stand. wear latex gloves while "on stand". If said trespasser survives the fall he WONT be coming back! :whistle:

Fight fire with a flamethrower! ;)
HL

NOT a real bright idea.

When I met the local game warden I asked for a couple of his cards which he gladly gave me and I would tape them to the stands I found that did not belong. Stands disappeared and Never had any problem after that.

Poor redneck said:
When I met the local game warden I asked for a couple of his cards which he gladly gave me and I would tape them to the stands I found that did not belong. Stands disappeared and Never had any problem after that.

This sounds like a good idea.

Poor redneck said:

I had that same thought but didn't know if a warden would have or be willing to come off a few cards for that purpose...

That is why he had business cards so he could pass them out so I would have a way to contact him if I needed to. And I don't know if it was a proper thing for me to do but I did make a couple of copies of his business card on heavy paper and keep them in my truck just in case I found another stand that didn't belong. At the time he gave me a few of his cards I asked for a few to give to the other guys I hunt with so they had his contact info. Didn't come up with the idea of taping it to the stands until I ran across them and confirmed they did not belong. I thought that person might need to contact the local officer too, ha ha. Stands went away and have not returned.

Latest posts

Back