• Help Support TNDeer:

New trolling motors

Rackseeker

I was wondering if anyone has bought a new trolling motor lately. I am going to buy one this week and dont really know what brand to go with. The best trolling motor I ever owned was a Johnson back in the 80s early 90s. I have had Minnkotas since. This last one has been trouble since the first year I bought it. Its a 24v Edge. Just wondering if I should step up to the Maxxum or look a Motorguide.

Rackseeker":as8vzdfn said:
I was wondering if anyone has bought a new trolling motor lately. I am going to buy one this week and dont really know what brand to go with. The best trolling motor I ever owned was a Johnson back in the 80s early 90s. I have had Minnkotas since. This last one has been trouble since the first year I bought it. Its a 24v Edge. Just wondering if I should step up to the Maxxum or look a Motorguide.
Maxxum would be a good choice for a foot control motor.Think tey are varible speed,thats a plus in my book.I bought a new one last yr but iys a electric steer,terrova 80lb ipilot.BBG marine online can usually save you some money if your not in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

ZachMarkus":36tupt7p said:
Minn Kota ultrex with spot lock, trolling motor feature ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea, if I fished as much as I used to. I have a wedding to pay for in October as well. Perks to having daughters, LOL...
I just need a simple 24v trolling motor to get my Javelin around the lake.

ZachMarkus":1bb3sme8 said:

I almost bought a ultrex,bet the foot control is alot nicer than the terrova i bought.They were probally $700-$800 higher than the terrova when i bought mine,just dont think they are worth the extra money for the way i fish.

Rackseeker":3nntawkm said:
ZachMarkus":3nntawkm said:

Yea, if I fished as much as I used to. I have a wedding to pay for in October as well. Perks to having daughters, LOL...
I just need a simple 24v trolling motor to get my Javelin around the lake.
See alot of used maxxums since the ultrex came out,might be a option also.I have saw some nice used ones selling cheap if you look around.

Either a variable speed Maxxum or preferably a Minn Kota Fortrex. I got a really good deal on a basically new Fortrex last year off of bassboatcentral.com as someone had traded it for an Ultrex.

I have a Maxxum that I will sell!
2015 model 24v variable speed with maximizer, has a troll perfect on it also.
I upgraded to the Ultrex two years ago and it has been sitting in my garage.
PM me

The edge is a low quality trolling motor. Maxxum's are nice, had one for about 7 years, no troubles. Look around for a used fortrex, I bought an 80 lb last year for $650, and it looked like brand new and had the wire rope handle already. Lots of people upgrading to ultrex. I will be upgrading to on in another year or so.

Back