• Help Support TNDeer:

Biggest advantage of cell cams over sd and wifi cams….

I used to think the same thing. Getting deer behavior and patterns in real time on a daily basis is really on another level. I have learned more from running cell cams year round for the last 4 years than I have running regular cams for the last 20.

Interesting. What makes the difference in whether the information is real time or after the fact? It's the same exact info and all time stamped. What is the benefit of real time?

No doubt. If you are analytical and have the time it is possible to get all the same data from sd cams. But life gets in the way. With sd cads, id find myself blindly clicking through a literal thousand pics trying to see something that catches my eye. I may go through 100 photos before i slow down. Because of this i oaid precious little time to the time stamps and weather data on the Pics.

With the cell cams, you are force fed the data daily. Its a much more effective teacher for my learning style for sure.

That is an honest and relatable answer. It makes sense. You absorb the info as it trickles in rather than dealing with it all en masse at one time. I can for sure see how that could be easier to digest.

Case in point I'm going to check a property tomorrow that has more than a dozen cams. There'll be many thousands, maybe tens of thousands of pics and videos that will take hours to sift through and organize. There was a time in my life I wouldn't have time nor inclination for it but these days I really enjoy it.

I thought cell cams don't make it any easier to kill a deer. At least that's what some say on here.
I don't know that they make it easier necessarily. You still have to be able to kill that deer. How many pictures of deer do you have that you've never seen? I've got a pile of them on regular cameras and cell cameras. A thread earlier I said I said it took 21 sits to kill a deer. Cell cameras honestly probably added 12 to 15 sits. You have a lot of instant information that can help or hurt you. I went against my gut because of pictures.

Currently running 20 cells 11 regular cameras.

Latest posts

Back