• Help Support TNDeer:

New unit

bluball

New garmin came in today,useing it for livescope only.Now i have to figure out how to mount it on the bow.Gonna be 3 units on the bow so it will be fun,lowrance 9in and helix 10in.This thing is huge,but i will be working on a mount tomorrow at work[emoji4]
9c36bdb6796cb7648529987a0e2c0dd6.jpg

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Nice Jamey!
I went with the 1242xsv to get the preloaded maps. I agree the 12" units are big.

WTM":20k0seme said:
nice, hopefully you bought the version that is sonar capable. :tu:
Nope,dont plan on useing it for sonar.If it gets out of date im sure i could find a sonar module reasonable priced if i ever decided to.Honest truth i dont look at regular sonar or di since livescope.I use my helux 10 for 360,lowrance 9 gen2 for mapping and the new 1222 for livescope

X-Tennessean":1vv7cmul said:
Nice Jamey!
I went with the 1242xsv to get the preloaded maps. I agree the 12" units are big.
I have navionics,lowrance insight and lakemaster,have the mapping covered

bluball":15gl6d1f said:
WTM":15gl6d1f said:
Nope,dont plan on useing it for sonar.If it gets out of date im sure i could find a sonar module reasonable priced if i ever decided to.Honest truth i dont look at regular sonar or di since livescope.I use my helux 10 for 360,lowrance 9 gen2 for mapping and the new 1222 for livescope

good to know, thought it had to be sonar capable to use livescope, but i guess its basically a display for what the module processes. a cheaper way to run a 12" screen. did you get a deal it it or the regular price with a rebate?

WTM":1vfx5guk said:
bluball":1vfx5guk said:
WTM":1vfx5guk said:

good to know, thought it had to be sonar capable to use livescope, but i guess its basically a display for what the module processes. a cheaper way to run a 12" screen. did you get a deal it it or the regular price with a rebate?
Pretty good deal,you shop around you can save some money.

Tn Joe":tgb2c05p said:
Very nice!

What unit are you upgrading from?

I have a 93sv and have been considering going bigger
93sv echomap plus,it worked fine for verticle fishing in my opinion.I want to try casting light jigs to structure,think the bigger screen will help with that.

WTM":n6q5y5ls said:
lol, how do you see to drive the boat?
Pile the crappie on the back deck,if i put them on the front i cant see[emoji23]

TRIGGER":1agv7rj6 said:
I want the livescope just don't want the learning curve. I have heard it takes a long time to set up properly and learn how to "read". Is this true?
Pretty easy to setup if you watch some videos.Gain and range is about all you adjust when you get it setup.The biggest deal is wireing,heavy gauge wire for the blackbox especially if its a long run to the battery.I will admit this,sometimes all the carp can make it tricky,but you get use to them after awhile.

Latest posts

Back